Overclock settings failed and won't continue boot

xstewminator

So my computer turns on and fans spin up, a few bios numbers flash in the corner, it then told me that my previous overclocks have failed and have been reset. It then tells me to push f1 to go to setup or press f2 to reset all settings and enter setup. I can try to push them but nothing happens. My keyboard is lit up and still works.I have tried a ps2 keyboard. I don't know what happened. I think its either my mobo or my CPU, I did overclock it and my board isn't necessarily made for overclocking. So I think I may have burned out something on either of those. My GPU was having problems but I just jiggled it and It worked. I still see things on my screen so I doubt its my GPU. So s it possible to have a virus that could affect my PC before my OS boots up? Thanks for any help!

So my computer turns on and fans spin up, a few bios numbers flash in the corner, it then told me that my previous overclocks have failed and have been reset. It then tells me to push f1 to go to setup or press f2 to reset all settings and enter setup. I can try to push them but nothing happens. My keyboard is lit up and still works.I have tried a ps2 keyboard. I don't know what happened. I think its either my mobo or my CPU, I did overclock it and my board isn't necessarily made for overclocking. So I think I may have burned out something on either of those. My GPU was having problems but I just jiggled it and It worked. I still see things on my screen so I doubt its my GPU. So s it possible to have a virus that could affect my PC before my OS boots up? Thanks for any help!

shut down the pc. close the power supply, unplugg the cable, press the power button from the case,, so all the energy runs out, wait 2-3sec then plug the power suply back in, open the powersupply, and start the pc, go to bios and reset to defaul F6-F9 i belive or F5 :S .... if doesn't work. close psu, unplug cable, etc. open the Pc case. remove the battery for 5sec, put it back in. and start the pc, and for the overclok ask her or look in to google how to overclock properly your cpu, gpu etc.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Did you press f1 or f2 once? Or did you mash them like there is no tomorrow?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

shut down the pc. close the power supply, unplugg the cable, press the power button from the case,, so all the energy runs out, wait 2-3sec then plug the power suply back in, open the powersupply, and start the pc, go to bios and reset to defaul F6-F9 i belive or F5 :S .... if doesn't work. close psu, unplug cable, etc. open the Pc case. remove the battery for 5sec, put it back in. and start the pc, and for the overclok ask her or look in to google how to overclock properly your cpu, gpu etc.

I tried that with no luck. Im at a page that I've seen before while tinkering around with my over clocks where I can just press f1 or f2 and its totally fine. I have also removed the battery before and that did not work either. I plugged it back in and it still says the same thing. If I touch my CPU cooler it feels kind of hot, but its not processing anyhting, it may be stuck on a boot up operation. Possibly? Idk but I'll try anything at this point...

Did you press f1 or f2 once? Or did you mash them like there is no tomorrow?

Both I have tried mashing, holding, light taps... Trust me.... Everything...

what mobo and cpu do you have? also cpu cooler

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

what mobo and cpu do you have? also cpu cooler

for my mobo I have an MSI z87-g41 PC mate, and a i7 4770k that was running fine at 4.2 ghz... And a cooler master seidon 120xl liquid cooler...

for my mobo I have an MSI z87-g41 PC mate, and a i7 4770k that was running fine at 4.2 ghz... And a cooler master seidon 120xl liquid cooler...

waw :D .. wasant 4.2 enough?! xD

But is ok.

waw :D .. wasant 4.2 enough?! xD

lolz it was till it just decided to die on me... Lol it was running at like 35c° under medium load so I don't think I burned it out heat wise...

So what's happening now is its on a black page with letters saying all my system stats, DRAM capacity and CPU clock speeds and all the USB devices plugged in and it says all. The settings were reset to default values and tells me to press f1 to run setup or press f2 to continue. I pressed f1 and it continues to say "Entering Setup..." And never enters setup. Idk what to do next...

So what's happening now is its on a black page with letters saying all my system stats, DRAM capacity and CPU clock speeds and all the USB devices plugged in and it says all. The settings were reset to default values and tells me to press f1 to run setup or press f2 to continue. I pressed f1 and it continues to say "Entering Setup..." And never enters setup. Idk what to do next...

this usualy works if you reset the CMOS, but seem like u oc'ed a bit too muhc :S, idk what overclock you did, just for the sake, take all parts out 1 by 1, and put them back in, it make no sense, but i can't come up with anything else right now.

But is ok.

if all fails un plug you power supply hit the power button once ore twice then pull the battery for 30 to40 seconds that will reset your cmos if you dont have a button to do so

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922