Battery profile Windows 8 on Asus UX32VD

I'm pretty big on battery life which is why I went with the Asus UX32VD (Zenbook). Thing had a 6 hour advertised battery life and I was expecting at least 4h30 on light usage (browsing forums, ms office, videos etc). I'm probably getting about 2 hours and it's really annoying. Main thing that's pissing me off is the fact that every time I want to make a new profile in the Windows 8 battery manager it basically doesn't respect it. I set the CPU max freq. at 50% and it starts out at 800mhz then clocks its way up to 2.7ghz again (NOTE its the i7 UX32VD). Anyone know why?

Also, I notice that when it clocks as high as 2.7Ghz EVEN THOUGH IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIMITED AT 50% and I switch it to another mode and then back to the one I created, it goes back to 800mhz ... but never tops at 50%. Let me know if it's unclear what I'm experiencing and I might get some screen shots to help explain.  

*Using Core Temp to monitor frequency. 

Help???  

Check if anything's stressing your machine in Task Manager?

Ugh I did, nothing. What's really bugging me is the fact that the battery won't apply my settings and no matter what I do to limit the CPU at 50% usage, it always bumps it all the way up if it needs it. Is there any 3rd party app that can limit your CPU usage to save battery???

Two screenshots, one with CPU usage when I opened youtube (It went all the way to 2.89Ghz) and one with the current battery settings. Software glitch maybe? 

post-11593-0-52721800-1370571302_thumb.p

post-11593-0-61224000-1370571311_thumb.p

post-11593-0-52721800-1370571302_thumb.p

post-11593-0-61224000-1370571311_thumb.p

Solved, Re-installed wireless drivers directly from Intel's website. The stock drivers used 'WmiProviderHost' that periodically stressed my CPU at 20%.

Still haven't figured out why the CPU clocks so high though...