Installing kraken x61

coldie

There is a little arrow on the sire of every fan that shows the direction of airflow.

If you are mounting the cooler like this: (fans, radiator, case front) then the fans will work as intakes the way you have them installed.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

There is a little arrow on the sire of every fan that shows the direction of airflow.

If you are mounting the cooler like this: (fans, radiator, case front) then the fans will work as intakes the way you have them installed.

I don't think these ones have arrows. I've checked. Also, is intake good? 

I don't think these ones have arrows. I've checked. Also, is intake good? 

Using the fans on the radiator as intake is fine. Go ahead and mount it with the fans as they are, then, if it makes you feel comfortable, snap another picture and post it here so I can double check.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Using the fans on the radiator as intake is fine. Go ahead and mount it with the fans as they are, then, if it makes you feel comfortable, snap another picture and post it here so I can double check.

Alright, thanks. It might be a few minutes. 

(sorry for double post...question came up)

Do I need to remove any thermal paste that was already on the CPU? I know the kraken comes with thermal paste pre-installed on it and you don't need to put any on that...but in one of linus's videos I feel like he mentioned removing thermal paste with 99% alcohol from the CPU before installing the water brick

(sorry for double post...question came up)

Do I need to remove any thermal paste that was already on the CPU? I know the kraken comes with thermal paste pre-installed on it and you don't need to put any on that...but in one of linus's videos I feel like he mentioned removing thermal paste with 99% alcohol from the CPU before installing the water brick

Yes do that

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yes do that

Do all CPUs come with some amount of thermal paste on them straight out of the box? Because I just ordered this CPU and took it out 

Do all CPUs come with some amount of thermal paste on them straight out of the box? Because I just ordered this CPU and took it out 

CPUs do not come with thermal paste, the coolers do. If you have a new CPU just put it in the motherboard and use the pre applied past on the cooler. If you have used the CPU before, clean it off using 99% isopropyl and use the pre applied paste.

You can clean off the pre applied paste and get some aftermarket stuff but it will only improve temps by about 2 degrees maximum.

CPUs do not come with thermal paste, the coolers do. If you have a new CPU just put it in the motherboard and use the pre applied past on the cooler. If you have used the CPU before, clean it off using 99% isopropyl and use the pre applied paste.

You can clean off the pre applied paste and get some aftermarket stuff but it will only improve temps by about 2 degrees maximum.

Thanks, this cleared up my confusion. The thermal paste comes out of the box already on the kraken head and there is none out of the box on the cpu