A good FPS game?

zmarkoni2

I have a "meh" PC, and I want to play a FPS game that doesnt require HIGH END GRAPHICS.

So feel free to suggest your most favourite FPS game, and I will check it out.

call of doodie, if youre into that kinda thang ;p

ik i fuckin spelled it doodie k?

fo rizzle:

cs is fun

titanfall is fun (but died down)

bf3 is still fun and easy to run @ lower settings

would you call minecraft an fps lol :P i find myself never getting bored of that

bioshock is good and easy to run @ low settings

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

What is this "meh" PC you have?  It will help in suggesting games for you.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Killing Floor is a good coop shooter than can be run on a wet napkin, though if you told us your specs that would help.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I have a "meh" PC, and I want to play a FPS game that doesnt require HIGH END GRAPHICS.

CS:GO. Lots of free shooters out there  also such as Team Fortress 2 or Blacklight Retribution 

i ran BF 4 with a gtx 460 and an i5 750 so you should specify what that meh computer is

A fun free one that can run on a low spec machine is Warsow.  It is loads of fun.  As for my favourite FPS OP well I would say Half Life 2 or The Ball.

Again OP what are your pc specs as heck if they are ancient bad they might not even run these games well.  LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

All modern first person shooters are pretty dull. You're best off playing cs:go.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

counter strike any versions.

battlefield 1942 

killing floor

point blank is kinda nice too being free and all but more expensive in the long run if you like to buy guns.

Live your life like a dream.

If you don't mind going back in time a little, there's also Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R (plus it's sequels, though those are inferior imo), Doom 3 and Quake 4 - All still highly enjoyable shooters despite their age.

I was thinking of purchasing Counter Strike GO, I already finished the F.E.A.R franchise.

I will get Doom 3, I never actually thinked about that game.

Thank you the suggestions :D

I was thinking of purchasing Counter Strike GO, I already finished the F.E.A.R franchise.

I will get Doom 3, I never actually thinked about that game.

Thank you the suggestions :D

Give Quake 4 a look too then, it's really very similar to Doom 3.  (I tend to think more highly of it than most others seem to though, so there's that =P)

counter strike any versions.

battlefield 1942 

killing floor

point blank is kinda nice too being free and all but more expensive in the long run if you like to buy guns.

GameSpy stopped supporting multiplayer of many old games, so BF1942 doesnt work.

OMAHA BEACH INVASION <3

good times! we need more ww2 games, battlefield style. and 128 players or more :D

GameSpy stopped supporting multiplayer of many old games, so BF1942 doesnt work.

OMAHA BEACH INVASION <3

good times! we need more ww2 games, battlefield style. and 128 players or more :D

well I remember there were some stuff with the 1942 where you can play vs ai. at least it works >.< but yeah good ol times.

Live your life like a dream.

CS:GO but it can be pretty unforgiving

Depends on the spec of the pc though/

I'd recommend Far Cry 3 on some lower settings, that was one of the better FPS games I played recently although you'll have to buy it from Ubershit now.

I'd also recommend Shadow Warrior and Hard Reset but they might be a little taxing on the hardware.

You could always try the classics:  UT2K4, Quake Live, CoD 1 and 2, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Half Life 1 & 2,  FEAR, Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition, Rise of the Triads (there's a new version out too), Painkiller, Bulletstorm (though it's a bit pish, lots of dick jokes), Crysis, Portal 1 & 2 for a different FPS, Shogo: Mobile Armor Devision, Hexen, Blood, Doom etc....

Plenty of amazing games going cheap and DRM free on gog.com

All modern first person shooters are pretty dull. You're best off playing cs:go.

Says that all modern FPS games are dull, then suggests playing one of the dullest ones.....

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

CS:GO for sure, you can run it off of almost nothing.

CS: 1.6 is pretty fun and requires a PC from like 2001.

CS: Source is the same deal.

I like Counter Strike.

Blacklight: Retribution and Insurgency are good too.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Already on the second page and no one has recommended Insurgency yet?

Already on second page and OP hasn't gave out his system specs yet.........

What is your definition of meh. Post PC specs.

In general though:

Counter Strike Source ( CS GO is okay, I like source better)

Killing Floor 

Call of duty 2 

Call of duty 4

Battlefield 2 (use battelog.co)

Bad company 2

Quake Live

UT 2004

CS 1.6

Cs go, insurgency

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D