Crossfire two HD7750s

acolombo

I have two perfectly identical HD7750 and I'd like to crossfire them, but I don't know anything at all about how to do it.

Can you please help me to do it?

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

http://www.eteknix.com/amd-radeon-hd-7750-crossfire-review/2/

When you take a quick glance at the 7750 you will notice that the card doesn’t have a CrossFireX port on the top, nor do they come with a bridge for connecting two cards together.

This is not to say that they are not compatible.

All the bandwidth that the cards require is catered for by the motherboard and this therefore makes setup the much easier for the novice user.

Installation and initial setup is as simple as plugging the two cards in to two available PCI-e lanes and turning the computer on.  

AMD’s Catalyst software will then detect that two CrossFire compatible cards have been installed and prompts the user with a message asking if they wish to connect the two cards together harnessing the power of CrossFire.

Video - 1M:15s

@acolombo

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

if it has a crossfire finger, you can. If it doesn't, you can't.

(That's true with the 7750 at least)

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

if it has a crossfire finger, you can. If it doesn't, you can't.

(That's true with the 7750 at least)

It does, uses bridgeless/fingerless crossfire through the motherboard.

Read the post above yours, click the link, watch the video :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

http://www.eteknix.com/amd-radeon-hd-7750-crossfire-review/2/

When you take a quick glance at the 7750 you will notice that the card doesn’t have a CrossFireX port on the top, nor do they come with a bridge for connecting two cards together.

This is not to say that they are not compatible.

All the bandwidth that the cards require is catered for by the motherboard and this therefore makes setup the much easier for the novice user.

Installation and initial setup is as simple as plugging the two cards in to two available PCI-e lanes and turning the computer on.

AMD’s Catalyst software will then detect that two CrossFire compatible cards have been installed and prompts the user with a message asking if they wish to connect the two cards together harnessing the power of CrossFire.

Video - 1M:15s

@acolombo

Thank you really much, I'll watch the video when I get home from the university...

If I don't even need a bridge it's perfect!

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

Thank you really much, I'll watch the video when I get home from the university...

If I don't even need a bridge it's perfect!

Video states the text I put there basically.

Throw both in, "maybe' reinstall drivers, maybe not.. two should work straight away if not needing a driver install.

Awhile ago I too was surprised to find out about them not needing a bridge either. It's funny that AMD never really talked about it on the 7750 but made a big deal about it with the 290/290x.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Awhile ago I too was surprised to find out about them not needing a bridge either. It's funny that AMD never really talked about it on the 7750 but made a big deal about it with the 290/290x.

I think the 7750 (and, of they did this on any other cards) was more of a "well... this may work, but we don't know for certain" type of thing, a beta test if you will. When it worked, it became a feature of the R9 series. That's my take on it anyway, as I remember reading an article not too long before the R9 series was announced of AMD confirming that it worked meant some being things were to come.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

You don't need a crossfire bridge if i am correct, just the amd catalyst software 

-ignore this-