[Build Log] RGD - Custom Built Surround Monitor Stand

This is amazing, great job :D

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Damn nice.  Really cleans up the entire workstation!  New design looks robust too, though I think you'll want to move that keyboard back a bit...you may get lost in all that pixel goodness...can't wait to see the 4K versions of this next year  :D

Going to check three things off the list stuff do to:

- Cable management

- Lighting

- Minor Monitor Adjustments

Here we go!

PIi7nZEh.jpg

nXD8oZmh.jpg

nOqdcGJh.jpg

H295BsJh.jpg

h2r3a10h.jpg

Finished!

Is5MqBZh.jpg

mCJsEL3h.jpg

jCIOTGmh.jpg

zP0Wf0Oh.jpg

zfTdleNh.jpg

bnKyWyVh.jpg

So currently all that is left on my to do list is:

- Make USB hub that will sit flush with bottom of one of the monitors

- Painting or anodizing the hinges

Stay Tuned!

I can't help but notice that the right monitor is slightly higher placed than the one next to it. But this is absolutely freaking genius!!! Sure as hell beats paying $300+ for an OEM stand, plus it looks so clean and just overall great!

Holy Shit! That's... That's... just beautiful. Beautiful lighting as well! Looks fantastic  :wub:

I can't help but notice that the right monitor is slightly higher placed than the one next to it. But this is absolutely freaking genius!!! Sure as hell beats paying $300+ for an OEM stand, plus it looks so clean and just overall great!

Already fixed the alinment issue lol.  Im OCD like that.

I'd be pretty OCD about it as well :P

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Can you link all of the parts that you used to build this? I kind of want to do one like this myself :D

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

That's dedication. What a great monitor setup!

Haha, same here. great work though.

Estimated total cost? That thing is awesome!

Well, right now, It's sitting around $175 - $200 approx.  The hinges were the most epensive part, $25 a piece, and I ended up buying 3 of them ($75 total)

Overall, I feel I built a better quality stand for a cheaper price, it doesnt have as many features or the same amout of flexability, but I was willing to sarcafise that.

Another update!

A smaller one this time, I got the USB hub completed and mounted today.  Was a bit off with some things, but over all it turned out looking great!  I had some extra pieces of 80/20 left over from when I built the stand, so I used them to make the hub mount.

gH9wqVwh.jpg

OugM4wIh.jpg

9uTyh3Kh.jpg

mQAnt9dh.jpg

Oops!

MvryAiuh.jpg

Wf2b0wgh.jpg

uuFxHD0h.jpg

UgRyFPZh.jpg

D63LXxCh.jpg

MFJ6mF0h.jpg

GlTlx6Nh.jpg

xRhf0V6h.jpg

09FgF9Hh.jpg

djOgnS8h.jpg

Bonus! So I found that I could put old pieces of hardware in the open space behind my keyboard and it made for some good eye candy!

Sx5Q5uQh.jpg

LZCXOO1h.jpg

JHWaKvth.jpg

Only one or two more things before I would call this completely finished! Stay Tuned!

pretty sweet setup. nice going

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Couldn't help but notice that beautiful 800D on water in the background :) The monitor stand is brilliant! Excellent craftsmenship!

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

This is extremely well done sir. What are the LED'S that you have as a backlight attache to your desk. I may get a set of the Phobya ones that are RGB and then use a Molex Power Brick so that they don't need to be in a PC 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

This looks so good, and that 800D in the background just makes everything so much more awesome!

This looks amazing! The monitors look like they are just floating!

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Wow, I can't really put into words how amazing this is. This is my DREAM setup :D

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

• 2 weeks later...

I love your execution and the cad work is amazing. I love how you could not find what you wanted online and built it yourself. A++ man, great job

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com