Video playback problems on the Lenovo y50

Hi everyone I'm pretty new to the LinusTechTips forum and I came here for help and ideas for my Lenovo y50. When I got this laptop I was really exicted about getting it. I got to replace my old 510p because it had problems with everything basically, but anyway when ever I play videos either flash videos like youtube or even movies or tv shows I have stored on my hard drive on the y50 the videos would lag for a second. On Flash videos the picture would freeze for a moment but the sound would play and for my personal videos the whole video would stop sound and picture for like a second also. For me it's really noticeable and it kind of annoys me. I haven't even had the laptop for long and there are these problems that I can't find solutions for it. The worst part is that it happen right after I got it and used it for the first time. I tried looking online to see what the problem is, but it doesn't seem like people post about it so I'm not sure. I even called Lenovo for help but that didn't really work out. If someone could help I would really appreciate it. It frustrating when a new laptop does this.

If it helps it's the 59421847 model on lenovo and I tried Chrome Firefox and Explorer for my web browsers.

Thank you for the help in advance.

make sure that 'hardware acceleration' is enabled in your browser settings

or if it is, try disabling it and see what happens

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have tried both and it doesn't seem to help it still does the same thing and for my videos on my harddrive I tried different codex packs and vlc and I still can't find the problem

• 4 months later...

Hi, I know its late but this is still a top google search for "Lenovo y50 hard drive lag" so i figured I post the answer. Its the harddrive and the motherboard. There is an error that is generated every 10-30 seconds causing games, video, flash all to lag for a 1/2 a second. Specifically its the WD 1TB w/ 8gb sd.  There is no way to fix this problem other than replacing the harddrive. Do yourself a favor and get a SSD, your system will smoke.