Comcast lost 81,000 video customers in Q3, “the best result in 7 years”

Samfisher

Source : http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/10/comcast-lost-81000-video-customers-in-q3-the-best-result-in-7-years/

Were they actually actively trying to lose customers?

comcast-q3-earnings-640x254.png

I guess they made more money losing Video customers and gaining them as "broadband" users.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Video? 

They have a video service?!

(or am I just Stooopid?)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Source : http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/10/comcast-lost-81000-video-customers-in-q3-the-best-result-in-7-years/

Were they actually actively trying to lose customers?

comcast-q3-earnings-640x254.png

I guess they made more money losing Video customers and gaining them as "broadband" users.

It is not losing it is converting them to a service in which they profit more per month/customer. 

So they are making more money?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They "lost" single product customers from the video (cable) side, and gained them back as multi-product users...?  They must have lost A LOT of cable customers for those numbers to make sense.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

I'd get AOL before I ever get comcast, gaming be damned.

Does AOL even still exist? Hard to know when I haven't gotten a free CD from them in YEARS

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Does AOL even still exist? Hard to know when I haven't gotten a free CD from them in YEARS

They exist in the UK as an ADSL provider. But they have a spin off company here in the UK as well called TalkTalk which provides ADSL and Fibre services for dirt cheap. Of course this means lack luster customer service.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I think they're just a mail and value "added" company now but yeah, people actively use it for their emails, particularly the kind of very refined high end clientele I deal with at Hughes...

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think they're just a mail and value "added" company now but yeah, people actively use it for their emails, particularly the kind of very refined high end clientele I deal with at Hughes...

Lol you work for Hughes net? Your not much better than comcast :P

Lol you work for Hughes net? Your not much better than comcast :P

Actually it might be better in some cases: How would you like 150kbps after you run out of your whopping 5gb of data per month

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually it might be better in some cases: How would you like 150kbps after you run out of your whopping 5gb of data per month

I had hughes net, for what we paid ($70+ a month). You guys throttled us to 56k after 2 gb a day, not to mention demanding either $300+ if we didn't dismantle and ship the dish back to you, despite the likelihood of the next tennant of that house probably getting hughes net as well lol.

I had hughes net, for what we paid ($70+ a month). You guys throttled us to 56k after 2 gb a day, not to mention demanding either $300+ if we didn't dismantle and ship the dish back to you, despite the likelihood of the next tennant of that house probably getting hughes net as well lol.

Consider yourself lucky we actually got the equipment, you'd be surprised of how many people mail in their stuff and don't get credited 200 back for the radio because the warehouse worker couldn't be bothered to type in the serial number and oh surprise, you lost your tracking number? Too bad that'd be 200. I get 1 or 2 calls per week like that

I also love the "Can't get on your roof? Don't worry sir, we'll send a repair man to take the equipment off.....for 99 bucks"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Consider yourself lucky we actually got the equipment, you'd be surprised of how many people mail in their stuff and don't get credited 200 back for the radio because the warehouse worker couldn't be bothered to type in the serial number and oh surprise, you lost your tracking number? Too bad that'd be 200. I get 1 or 2 calls per week like that

I also love the "Can't get on your roof? Don't worry sir, we'll send a repair man to take the equipment off.....for 99 bucks"

Why not just leave the equipment installed? If someone is moving, and has hughesnet, theres a good chance that the next person in that house will have to get hughesnet as well. Sure you don't get to bilk the next sucker for installation fee, but then you end up with what I like to call "good customer service". Something that seems to be viewed as worthless by companies these days. All of this is why I view hughesnet as the comcast of satellite internet.

Why not just leave the equipment installed? If someone is moving, and has hughesnet, theres a good chance that the next person in that house will have to get hughesnet as well. Sure you don't get to bilk the next sucker for installation fee, but then you end up with what I like to call "good customer service". Something that seems to be viewed as worthless by companies these days. All of this is why I view hughesnet as the comcast of satellite internet.

Your guess is as best as mine here as to why. They might just be cheap enough that they don't want periods of equipment left without being used though I'm sure the cost analysis of paying 200 bucks to reinstall equipment on the same house would pan out in favor of just leaving it there.

-------

Current Rig

-------