How To Use Google Sketch Up?

I am trying to use Google sketch up to make a 3d model of my desk pc design and i cant figure it out to save my life all ive managed to do is get a GTX 780 model online. 

I am trying to see the rough dimensions of how deep and what not my desk will be.

Rough over head sketch

post-7522-0-48536400-1370495730_thumb.pn

Rough layout idea

post-7522-0-49622900-1370495752.png

So could someone help me make it or something because i need to know some of these dimensions like how tall the fraphics cards will be and how tall 3x120mm rads will be on there side and all these things thanks :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Wait do you just want a feel of how big the desk will be in your room?

Or, how all the components will fit in the desk?

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

i'd suggest building a dummy in your room. so you can really see what to adjust.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

Wait do you just want a feel of how big the desk will be in your room?

Or, how all the components will fit in the desk?

The second one, i need dimensions to see how big the desk will need to be thickness wise. or if someone could crack open there pc and measure some stuff for me that would be cool to:D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

i'd suggest building a dummy in your room. so you can really see what to adjust.

? sounds like extra money to me, i want to build this desk once

Sorry for the double post

? sounds like extra money to me, i want to build this desk once

Sorry for the double post

you misunderstood me. what i mean is get a random table and place it to where you want your table. get a tape measure. put the parts where you want them to be and start from there.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

you misunderstood me. what i mean is get a random table and place it to where you want your table. get a tape measure. put the parts where you want them to be and start from there.

Dont have the parts, thats why im needing a 3d model or someone to take some measurements for me

Dont have the parts, thats why im needing a 3d model or someone to take some measurements for me

oh, ok. i thought you had the parts. sorry

oh, ok. i thought you had the parts. sorry

Nope :D, I guess i could go to a store and measure some cases and what not,

Nope :D, I guess i could go to a store and measure some cases and what not,

just try to keep the table thin. thick tables doesn't look good imo.

just try to keep the table thin. thick tables doesn't look good imo.

Ya thats what i want to do :p

You could make some out of paper or foam or something to mock things up in real life. Would probably give you a better idea than a SketchUp model, unless you modelled the rest of your room too.

You could make some out of paper or foam or something to mock things up in real life. Would probably give you a better idea than a SketchUp model, unless you modelled the rest of your room too.

Ya, but without measurements how can i do that? see theres the problem, i need measurements. 

Ya, but without measurements how can i do that? see theres the problem, i need measurements. 

You can't get the measurements for the parts off a site like NCIX? :\

You can't get the measurements for the parts off a site like NCIX? :\

Not all of them

sadly

Not all of them

sadly

find the thickest part and measure that. then add a bit to that measurement. the thickest part is probably the rads.