Competitive Halo - MLG, PGL, UGC

Synyster

I believe it's coming out for PC, don't quote me though.

I do know that Halo 1 is getting 8 PC maps though.

Oh really? Awesome. Being able to play Danger Canyon again will be really fun. Death Island will be good too.

Really hoping it does land on the PC but I doubt it. I have an XB1 now anyway.

MLG really did kill the community imo, at least they mostly stayed to the MLG playlists. But it was awful hearing people talk about how MLG they are and stuff and how MLG players are the best. I remember seeing I think it was Final Boss against... might have been Carbon or maybe Str8Rippin on Guardian oddball. Was one of the final rounds and i'm just sitting there going "hey dipshit with the ball, stop huddling around your team at sniper 2 while they're at (I forget what the blue room was called) shooting you guys. They're gonna come over that gravlift any moment now and mess your day up. And that's about what happened, the entire other team came through the lift and just tore up everyone. Pretty sure they lost that match. Both teams were playing like noobs and it really.. well... I just didn't take MLG serious at all after that. I couldn't. Two of the big name teams were up there and I coulda played circles around them by myself. And sure the argument "well why don't you get a team together and go up there" Well none of my friends are good at Halo... like at all. So unless I could have had myself cloned and the other three of myself played exactly like me that wasn't happening. Plus I don't do good under pressure all the time. I feel like I coulda at least got kinda up the leaderboard if I had a good team to go with. Plus there was travel, money, the fact I was still in school and under 18 with no car of my own, and MLG never came close enough to me. The closest I got to going was when they showed up in Florida the week after our family vacation.

I'm really excited for Halo 5 and their taking away the stupid loadouts (which i'm pissed to see are in the multiplayer for Halo 2 (and maybe the others, I haven't been following it as closely as I would have a few years ago)) and going back to the more traditional "you start with this, weapons spawn here, uhhhhhhhhh GO" that I enjoy from Halo 1, 2, 3, Quake, Unreal Tournament, and stuff like that. But i'm still excited for the MCC because of just being able to play Halo again. Would I like to do tournaments sometime, sure. I'll have to get good again as i've not really played on consoles in a while and last time I did I noticed I wasn't anywhere near where I used to be. But given time to get good again, and some people to play with i'd like to join something. I'd definitely love a chance to win some money playing Halo.

This also reminds me I need to go read the novels I missed. I've only read the first 6. I love the Halo story. It's nothing super special, but I enjoy it. Just mad they had to re-write part of The Fall of Reach to work with Halo: Reach. Like that was a really bad idea, the story in that book was fine. Shoulda just let me play through that.

Oh really? Awesome. Being able to play Danger Canyon again will be really fun. Death Island will be good too.

Really hoping it does land on the PC but I doubt it. I have an XB1 now anyway.

MLG really did kill the community imo, at least they mostly stayed to the MLG playlists. But it was awful hearing people talk about how MLG they are and stuff and how MLG players are the best. I remember seeing I think it was Final Boss against... might have been Carbon or maybe Str8Rippin on Guardian oddball. Was one of the final rounds and i'm just sitting there going "hey dipshit with the ball, stop huddling around your team at sniper 2 while they're at (I forget what the blue room was called) shooting you guys. They're gonna come over that gravlift any moment now and mess your day up. And that's about what happened, the entire other team came through the lift and just tore up everyone. Pretty sure they lost that match. Both teams were playing like noobs and it really.. well... I just didn't take MLG serious at all after that. I couldn't. Two of the big name teams were up there and I coulda played circles around them by myself. And sure the argument "well why don't you get a team together and go up there" Well none of my friends are good at Halo... like at all. So unless I could have had myself cloned and the other three of myself played exactly like me that wasn't happening. Plus I don't do good under pressure all the time. I feel like I coulda at least got kinda up the leaderboard if I had a good team to go with. Plus there was travel, money, the fact I was still in school and under 18 with no car of my own, and MLG never came close enough to me. The closest I got to going was when they showed up in Florida the week after our family vacation.

I'm really excited for Halo 5 and their taking away the stupid loadouts (which i'm pissed to see are in the multiplayer for Halo 2 (and maybe the others, I haven't been following it as closely as I would have a few years ago)) and going back to the more traditional "you start with this, weapons spawn here, uhhhhhhhhh GO" that I enjoy from Halo 1, 2, 3, Quake, Unreal Tournament, and stuff like that. But i'm still excited for the MCC because of just being able to play Halo again. Would I like to do tournaments sometime, sure. I'll have to get good again as i've not really played on consoles in a while and last time I did I noticed I wasn't anywhere near where I used to be. But given time to get good again, and some people to play with i'd like to join something. I'd definitely love a chance to win some money playing Halo.

This also reminds me I need to go read the novels I missed. I've only read the first 6. I love the Halo story. It's nothing super special, but I enjoy it. Just mad they had to re-write part of The Fall of Reach to work with Halo: Reach. Like that was a really bad idea, the story in that book was fine. Shoulda just let me play through that.

It's funny you say MLG killed the playlist because everyone claiming to be MLG yet you're pretty much doing that now. I don't know how many times I've seen people think they can hang with pro's or even amateurs, top 32-17, and they really can't. I had my fair share of encounters with pro's and ams over the years and while I thought I could hang with them back in the day, I was dead wrong.

In terms of you thinking the team made a bad play, 99 out of 100 times, they most likely made the correct play or the other team happen to push perfectly. If you find the game and instance you're talking about, I'd be more than happy to break it down for you.

TF2 and Halo are the only games I could play competitively, Halo more soso because I excelled at the video game I've been playing since 2001.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

It's funny you say MLG killed the playlist because everyone claiming to be MLG yet you're pretty much doing that now. I don't know how many times I've seen people think they can hang with pro's or even amateurs, top 32-17, and they really can't. I had my fair share of encounters with pro's and ams over the years and while I thought I could hang with them back in the day, I was dead wrong.

In terms of you thinking the team made a bad play, 99 out of 100 times, they most likely made the correct play or the other team happen to push perfectly. If you find the game and instance you're talking about, I'd be more than happy to break it down for you.

You know what. You're right xD. I can be a bit of a hypocrite admittedly. So thanks for deflating that line of thought there. Now that I think about it it was kinda... based on just some of the things i've seen. I'm sure the pros are pretty good, and i've seen some crazy stuff. But then i've done some crazy stuff too. Nothing like no scoping accross map on the back of a Mongoose flung through the air by brute shot crazy, but then who hasn't had their moments of "that was fucking badass". Though what I meant about MLG bringing the game down was the people that go to other playlists and try to talk about how they're so good at MLG and this and that and oh you're such a BK (like seriously? dumbest insult ever) and blah blah blah. Take your faggot ass over to the MLG playlist and shut up, i'm playing SWAT. What letters of MLG are in SWAT? None. Just stuff like that. The actual pro tournament scene wasn't actually so bad, it's just all the little kids that kept running their mouth.

And yea I know I kinda did in my last post... once again. I can be a hypocrite, and I don't realize it until someone points it out sometimes.

As far as that play goes, i'll try to look it up. But i'm not really sure where to begin. I feel like it was in Florida, but I can't remember what year and I can't remember the teams for sure. But i'll take a look. (actually went to look at this point, looked at a few matches) Yea I really don't think there will be any way for me to find this.

@Tygron

No worries dude.

You also need to realize that it's not necessarily the MLG community and it's more the of XBL community. Halo introduced a lot of freedom and security at the same time to allow people to do and say whatever they want. Trash talk and competition is the reason that Halo became so popular in the first place. Trash talk was half the battle, backing it up was the other half.

Congrats to BtH. Didn't think they'd win.

Totally wanted Str8 to take it. Oh well GGWP. Really great games. 

What?

So, Halo 5 looks like shit.

So did Halo 4. I guess its just campaign for halo 5 then, same as H4.

Competitive Multiplayer can stay on the MCC.

What?

So did Halo 4. I guess its just campaign for halo 5 then, same as H4.

Competitive Multiplayer can stay on the MCC.

If MCC can actually get the kinks ironed out, we might get a good year, maybe two out of competitive play.

If MCC can actually get the kinks ironed out, we might get a good year, maybe two out of competitive play.

Theres glitches already?

I really hope Halo takes it to the esports main stage again. Even thou im no longer playing it competitively (sorry CSGO stronk xD), i would LOVE to see scene grow. Old veterans and gods come back to contest and merge with new talented blood. Would be a pleasure to see new storylines and teams emerge.

What?

Theres glitches already?

I really hope Halo takes it to the esports main stage again. Even thou im no longer playing it competitively (sorry CSGO stronk xD), i would LOVE to see scene grow. Old veterans and gods come back to contest and merge with new talented blood. Would be a pleasure to see new storylines and teams emerge.

It's basically been a nightmare of a launch; nothing works.

I'd love to see the scene grow again but with how horrible this launch is and how shitty Halo 5 looks already, I'm not so sure it's ever coming back.

• 3 months later...

Look who I found!

Im still hoping Halo gets on the PC natively...

Then again also these PC would probably laugh if they experienced what you and I have been experiencing for the past 3 months with MCC and Halo 5.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Look who I found!

Im still hoping Halo gets on the PC natively...

Then again also these PC would probably laugh if they experienced what you and I have been experiencing for the past 3 months with MCC and Halo 5.

Is it weird that I know you from TeamBeyond? :D It's so sad and frightening what we're going through at the moment, but Halo MCC on PC could be the franchise's last straw to survive (once it's fixed (if it ever gets fixed)). Release it on Steam for cheap and people will play H2 and H3 to death. On the other hand, we'd just get a crippled PC-Xbone-PC port that has no server browser, even more glitches, is unoptimized, gets no support from the devs and will be forgotten after 2 months.

144Hz goodness

Is it weird that I know you from TeamBeyond? :D It's so sad and frightening what we're going through at the moment, but Halo MCC on PC could be the franchise's last straw to survive (once it's fixed (if it ever gets fixed)). Release it on Steam for cheap and people will play H2 and H3 to death. On the other hand, we'd just get a crippled PC-Xbone-PC port that has no server browser, even more glitches, is unoptimized, gets no support from the devs and will be forgotten after 2 months.

Most important thing is that it will have to work, PC people are going to roast Halo to ashes if it doesn't. But I know a lot of PC do want to play Halo again on the PC.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |