Gaming laptop will always be louder than PC ? True ?

bydus

Giving the great performance from mobile chips like 980m but for someone who doesn't like lound fans PC will always win in that matter ? 

Yep. But it also depends on the model. Some PCs are louder than laptops and v.v.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

If you put the Quietest PC vs the Quietest Laptop with the same Gaming Specs the Laptop will be louder due to the smaller heatsinks which means the fans have to spin quicker no matter what.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Generally, yes.

However, the loudness of PC depends on the fans users buy/use.

While laptops depend on manufacturer. (unless the user is willing to take the laptop apart)

Theoretically, with the same fans and specs, a laptop would need to blow harder (and therefore louder) than a PC due to space constraint.

Pseudo-theory for fun, you usually sit farther from a PC case than a laptop!

MY laptop is much quieter than my Desktop at full load :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

My desktop is loud. I've had gaming notebooks just as loud, but those were like 2007 models. Newer gaming notebooks are much quieter.