560 ti SLI

So I got my self another 560 ti to try SLI for now to see if I would like to do it in the future. But I have never done it in the past. So here is what I did to my system.

1. Restarted my pc to get into bios

2. Looked around in my p8p67 m-pro asus mobo bios settings to see anything relating SLI

3. Didnt see anything shut down my pc

4. Shoved that second 560 ti as if it was a piece of cake and that PCIE slot was mah mouth

5. Used SLI bridge

6. Booted up my pc

When I looked around in my Precision X program it only showed one GPU not two, and that got me wondering if I enabled SLI at all...

Any help would be appreciated :D

You have to go into the Nvidia control panel and enable SLI ;)

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

SLI is in NVIDIA's driver control panel off to the left hand corner.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You have to go into the Nvidia control panel and enable SLI ;)

Ah I see, now that I am looking at the panel where would the option be? I clicked through all of the options on the left-hand side of the nVidia Control panel and did not find anything relating to SLI :(

But if I go to Device manager or just click home button in nVidia control panel it shows that I have 2x GTX 560 ti

NCP options as followed

3D Setting

Display

Stereoscopic 3D

Video

Ah I see, now that I am looking at the panel where would the option be? I clicked through all of the options on the left-hand side of the nVidia Control panel and did not find anything relating to SLI :(

But if I go to Device manager or just click home button in nVidia control panel it shows that I have 2x GTX 560 ti

Try taking GodlyGamer23's advice, I don't own a Nvidia so I can't help you out on where to find it in the control panel.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Is it the exact same 560 Ti? It must have the same amount of VRAM. If you have the limited edition 560 Ti, both of them must be limited edition.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Here's a screenshot of what you "should" see. I only have one 660 Ti, so I can't actually show you show you, if you know what I'm saying.

post-7355-0-45319800-1370467930_thumb.jp

In the rectangle, you should see SLI as well. If you don't, your 560 Ti models must not be the same.

Is the SLI bridge attached?

Remove the Nvidia driver, and re-install then see if the option to enable SLI is in the Nvidia control panel

Also what motherboard do you have?

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

And no options come up for SLI?

EDIT: I agree with Super skank. Remove the NVIDIA drivers(all of them) and reinstall them. Though you technically shouldn't have to, but it may fix the issue.

Remove the Nvidia driver, and re-install then see if the option to enable SLI is in the Nvidia control panel

Also what motherboard do you have?

Asus P8p67 m-pro

Thanks guys, I'll back after doing that

ok board is compatible, check the PCI-e power cable, make sure its connected properly on both cards.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Hmm so after I looked closer at each GPU I noticed a sticker on the back. My original car was 560 ti Superclocked 1GB but the other one is Superclocked to 2GB XD

The seller sold it as 1GB so I just assumed everything was correct,

But thank you guys for the speedy techtipcs ( couldn't resist haha)  :)

Would it work if I switch cards around? Shouldn't that make the 2gb under-clock and perform as 1gb instead?

TL;DR I goofed and should have looked even closer at each card.

I knew something wasn't right. You could still technically run them in SLI, but it's not recommended.

I knew something wasn't right. You could still technically run them in SLI, but it's not recommended.

Now my precision X recognizes both cards so at least I can regulate some things for now until I get another identical card, but thank you guys for the help!

Now my precision X recognizes both cards so at least I can regulate some things for now until I get another identical card, but thank you guys for the help!

It will, but the second 560 Ti can only be used for scientific projects and PhysX and also video editing programs.

The is a way to edit the registry so it see's both cards as a 1GB card....

Google it and attempt at your own risk.

I used to use Coolbits but HyperSLI should work just as well ;)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.