My computer has Ebola

Go to solution Solved by kerberos,

Im not sure how to create a bootable usb and I dont have a valid Windows key.

And I still freeze whenever i try to save and exit out of bios.

Same if i launch Quick boot.

Wich is why im worried a virus could be on the mobo?

I have about 300$ so i could buy a new ssd and instal a OS on my other computer on it and then replace it in my current PC?

Still have another hdd that im worried might be infected to. So might not be The best idea.

You can create easy bootable usb with

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

So, i fear my computer has gotten a virus, it has been behaving in ways it shouldnt have recently,

Right now my 2 biggest problems are:

Why wont my computer recognize my new optical drive?

1. I installed a dvd reader because i wanted to install a new os, but it wont recognize the unit, I tried switching sata ports and i tried switching cables, No effect.

2. Apperantly avast is not turned on for some reason i dont know. I didnt turn it off myself. When i try to turn it on, i get asked if i really want to allow the program to make changes to my computer (avast)
I press yes and nothing happens at all.

Feeling pretty fucked here, really need some help x)

Thanks in forehand friends <3

ps: Sorry for my bad English

Redliquid~

Doesn't sound like a virus to me...

Probably just an issue with your DVD drive and Avast is running in the background after you hit yes AFAIK.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

new optical drive dead? 2. try downloading some other antivirus and see if it does the same. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Sounds like you need malwarebytes , run it.. and if it finds no errors.. then lol man, you kinda broke your DVD Drive. (Ofcourse this is a noob sentence, just run Malware bytes and we'll see from there.)

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

*Tries to star a system scan with avast"

*Acces Denied*

Fml

go into task manager and print screen it and post so we can see what processes are going on to help and attempt to rule out virus

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

b34f63e0a3.jpg

I'm pretty sure i've been infected with something. Cus it sure as fuck didnt look like that yesterday!

I also keep getting redireced to some random fucking site and it tries to download files for me. -.-''

Redliquid~

-------------------

r

print screen task manager

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

-image-

I'm pretty sure i've been infected with something. Cus it sure as fuck didnt look like that yesterday!

I also keep getting redireced to some random fucking site and it tries to download files for me. -.-''

Try looking in your chrome extensions and see if anything has installed itself there.

thats fake avast kill it immediatly also kill calssic start @Redliquid also kill teamviewer

-snip-

Looks like you got something on there alright... Go get MalwareBytes and run a scan...

Looks like you got something on there alright... Go get MalwareBytes and run a scan...

he cant

also after you are done boot in safe mode

thats fake avast kill it immediatly also kill calssic start @Redliquid also kill teamviewer

I killed the processes exept avast, it wont respond to my commands...

I'm running malwarebytes as i write this, already found something.

Redliquid~

he cant

?

From my understanding Avast is compromised so I suggested an alternative... If all else fails, disconnect from the internet and hit it with a scan from Stinger (not the best but it works... somewhat...)...

I killed the processes exept avast, it wont respond to my commands...

I'm running malwarebytes as i write this, already found something.

force kill that is an avast malware copy attempt all you can to kill it

If malwarebyte doesn't fix the issue, reboot in safe mode, and run a few virus scans, this will find the issue, and should resolve it. For the chrome thing, i highly suggest reading the install box before spam clicking next, it installs things that will give you ads such as these. 

So, i completed my malwarebytes can and now i gotta restart it says,

http://puu.sh/ckRbx/06c6bbd760.png

Thanks guys, i feel like a panicing grandmother here x)

How do i force kill avast?

one second show us what malwarbytes detected and what program it was also you should be able to do that in task manager

If malwarebyte doesn't fix the issue, reboot in safe mode, and run a few virus scans, this will find the issue, and should resolve it. For the chrome thing, i highly suggest reading the install box before spam clicking next, it installs things that will give you ads such as these. 

yes and toolbars

I think i know what caused it, i got a bad link for ts3 yesterday. From a friend

Redliquid~

Open command prompt type in taskkill /im /f name of the exe. 

this