So about the WAM show talking about old game prices. 1990sish

Kevinkt

Very img heavy, But Prices are pretty much the same as they are now

L2TJIYS.jpgy5jTN6F.jpg3tTzo1O.jpg5knhNRk.jpgTYE83Kq.jpg

It's WAN actually :)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Inflation. And also consider the cost of the carts' manufacture compared with the cost of a digital download to maintain, and the price hasn't adjusted with it.

Street Fighter 2 for $75? Damn, I think i remember why renting games was so popular again.

PS: So much nostalgia

Street Fighter 2 for $75? Damn, I think i remember why renting games was so popular again.

PS: So much nostalgia

I used to hit up blockbuster every weekend with my brother good times!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pzKFqs

Undecided on GPU

Inflation. And also consider the cost of the carts' manufacture compared with the cost of a digital download to maintain, and the price hasn't adjusted with it.

Inflation makes them cheaper today than they were in the 90s... You're right about the digital part, but do you expect me to believe it cost a Chinese factory more than a quarter to make all those discs and plastic cases? Especially now they punch recycle holes in everything but that's probably to save on shipping weight.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

WAM BAM Thank You Mam

'Latest and greatest' console games are $80-$100 here. (last time I checked)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Well, there's multiple sides to this, though.

They may still be the same price (around 60$) - but the development costs have changed while the inflation causes 60$ of the 80's be worth more these days. You can't really compare it all that well - that being said - I still think the DLC-business is robbery.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

Inflation makes them cheaper today than they were in the 90s... You're right about the digital part, but do you expect me to believe it cost a Chinese factory more than a quarter to make all those discs and plastic cases? Especially now they punch recycle holes in everything but that's probably to save on shipping weight.

Discs? No. But these were old cartridge based games. They're basically the SSDs of the '80s and '90s, which is why they had such pitifully small capacities, and why they were also so expensive to produce.

Technically those costed more than they would now a days, because of inflation and whatnot. 

COMIC SANS

Discs? No. But these were old cartridge based games. They're basically the SSDs of the '80s and '90s, which is why they had such pitifully small capacities, and why they were also so expensive to produce.

Everything had small capacities in the 90s...

If that's true (which I doubt because Nintendo had their own moulds and probably their own boards, most of the cost went into the licensing fees that were different for each developer) then we're still paying less for games today than we were in the 90s because of inflation, only the companies are making more money. I haven't actually paid full price for a game for a very long time thanks to Steam and Dealzon so I'd say we're better off today than 20 years ago.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.