Please help with my first build

Jayden.Viv

Hi, I'm Jayden. I'm from Australia, and I want to build my first gaming pc. I would love it to be under $2000 but I also want it to look amazing and still perform good. I'm basing my build at PC Case Gear.

I do not want a Solid State Drive at the moment for money saving reasons. But when I get money I WILL GET ONE :)

I have a cart here: http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/vk5

Please check it out and give me feedback on what I should change.

looks good but why are you getting a custom watercooling with and i5, 750 ti, h97 mobo w/ unlocked cpu, and crappy psu give me a m,iniute and i will create on for your price range but without these mistakes. unless you are building just for looks

u wot m7+1

Hi, I'm Jayden. I'm from Australia, and I want to build my first gaming pc. I would love it to be under $2000 but I also want it to look amazing and still perform good. I'm basing my build at PC Case Gear.

I do not want a Solid State Drive at the moment for money saving reasons. But when I get money I WILL GET ONE :)

I have a cart here: http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/vk5

Please check it out and give me feedback on what I should change.

Follow your threads and quote other members whose help you want :D

That PC is terribly unbalanced... 4690k with 750ti... You definitely don't need WD Black, get something a lot cheaper, like Seagate Barracuda!

And do you really need custom watercooling O.o You'd better get a better GPU, like 970, if you want to game :D

Also, are you a Razer fan, since you want to pay more for your case than for your GPU....

EDIT: Didn't pay attention... Seriously, H97 mobo with a K CPU... Like i said, terribly unbalanced....

I would never put that PSU near my components I rather Cooler Master V650 or EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 cheaper and better! 

ok, I want a custom water cooled system because of the looks, plus the benefits of one. I am a huge razer fan. If you can suggest a better motherboard, graphics card and cpu, please do so at pc case gear. :).      I also want to game so specs are also important to me

also, would it be worth getting a gold 600w psu?

EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 Gold or Corsair RM650

Thank you athesean1, I will take a lot of considerations to your suggestions like the storage, motherboard, ram and psu. But the graphics card; I don't think I need a 4gig model at the moment because that would be more for when I have a larger screen or two. I only have a 24inch 1080p. I don't think I will need a 4gig model.

Thank you athesean1, I will take a lot of considerations to your suggestions like the storage, motherboard, ram and psu. But the graphics card; I don't think I need a 4gig model at the moment because that would be more for when I have a larger screen or two. I only have a 24inch 1080p. I don't think I will need a 4gig model.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart&sort=20a 

Try this, you can add another 970 later, that's why i put 850W PSU (it's overkill for 970 SLI, but i'm taking into account you'll OC them :D)

Newer games need more Vram even for 1080p...

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart&sort=20a 

Try this, you can add another 970 later, that's why i put 850W PSU (it's overkill for 970 SLI, but i'm taking into account you'll OC them :D)

Newer games need more Vram even for 1080p...

sorry that link didn't work, you need to share cart, then post me the url. I can only see my cart

ITX mono with ATX case, all right...

2k build with a 750Ti...

Y U DO DIS?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

ITX mono with ATX case, all right...

2k build with a 750Ti...

Y U DO DIS?

Do I need a better graphics card?

hmmmmm, idk which is better, the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Motherboard or the asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 motherboard.

and I still don't understand why I need to spend $500 on a graphics card???

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.00 @ PCCaseGear)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 280L 122.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($135.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.00 @ Centre Com)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($139.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($535.00 @ Centre Com)

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($158.50 @ Centre Com)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Total: $1737.50

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-20 00:14 EST+1100

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

hmmmmm, idk which is better, the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Motherboard or the asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 motherboard.

and I still don't understand why I need to spend $500 on a graphics card???

Why O.o

Well, you really don't, you can buy 750Ti, but be prepared to be unable to play games on even medium in 1-2 years.....

970 will last you around 3 years on high resolution gaming....

Why O.o

Well, you really don't, you can buy 750Ti, but be prepared to be unable to play games on even medium in 1-2 years.....

are there 3gb models?

Why O.o

what about this? Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 Overclocked 3GB

I would feel a lot more comfortable with this