Does your overclock heat up your room?

I was wondering this... my office was warmer than most of my house, just wondering if its only me, or if your rooms were warmer as well. i was at 4.5, i went back down to 3.5 for the time being.

If your room is warmer, what do you do about it?

Most likely your room will not heat op because of your processor. Let's assume your processor creates 100 watt of heat at full load (so that's not all the time), for reference a regular electric heater will be rated at 1500 to 2000 watt, a hairdryer at 1000 watt and a toaster 900 watt while a regular lightbulb will create around 40 watt worth of heat (these are only estimates)

What I do about a warm room? I open up a window, lol.

I just assembeld my new system, it feels much warmer now close to the pc but far away i don't feel it. Well actually my room is verry big so it would be to large to heat up from the pc.

Your computer is a heat source, it can build up overtime to heat a room, I keep a window cracked open to vent out the heat, I also dont have turn the thermostat on at all and my room can get up to 80F if i close everything up.

keep the door to your office open if possible, turn your heat down and let your computer do the warming if not. crack a window

im not sur how cold it is where you are, its been below freezing here.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Most likely your room will not heat op because of your processor. Let's assume your processor creates 100 watt of heat at full load (so that's not all the time), for reference a regular electric heater will be rated at 1500 to 2000 watt, a hairdryer at 1000 watt and a toaster 900 watt while a regular lightbulb will create around 40 watt worth of heat (these are only estimates)

That may be true, but a computer does create heat and they do heat up small rooms

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

A CPU puting out 100 watts of heat would be the most insanely inefficient CPU ever.

Kev a CPU does nothing but manipulate electricity. It converts all of the electricity going into it to power it into heat.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

an fx chip can. if i run a stress test on my chip (under water), the radiator will (obviously) radiate heat :) it is like a house radiator.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

My office at my home gets insane hot because of my overclocking. I have my thermostat set at 72F all the time and it feels like almost 90F in my office

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Not that noticable anymore, but when I had a overclocked 1090t with an overclocked 560 it sure was.

Your monitor can also contribute to the heat in your room especially if your room is small and the monitor is backlit by CCFLs. My new LED monitor definitely kicks out less heat.

Keeping the door open is a must to circulate heat out especially if opening the window is not an option where it is 110 degrees F outside in the summer like where I live.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

Of course it can, my computer doubles as an entertainment system and glorified space heater in winter! Really what it comes down to is the ventilation in the room your computer is in, with a window or door open I could leave it on all day and my room would only get marginally warmer.

My PC heats up my room from 20°C/68°F to 23°C/74°F over the time of a whole day. Overclock is only at 3,8GHz with an i7-2600k.

My core i7 2600k doesn't really heat up the room significantly, unless I run prime95 for a long period of time. My GTX 480, even downvotled really heats up the room after a while; when I put max volts through it, it gets unbelievably hot in my room.

I don't know if it was because of the processor specifically but when my computer is on it is considerably hotter than when it is off. In fact when my friends came over for a lan party we had to open the window and get a fan in the room... in January.

"No signature"