Please help me, I am confused!

Go to solution Solved by TheSLSAMG,

That max allocated memory size is for the integrated GPU (CPU).

As for the RAM, one stick is fine. And you plug it into one of the four vertical slots next to the CPU socket.

You should definitely watch some of Newegg's videos on building a PC. They can help out greatly.

Hello everyone!

There are just a few minor "issues", that I'm having right now. I am literally almost ordering the parts now, but as I have been going over things, I have noticed some irregularities that bother me. These are just a few little things that I want to be sure about, before I buy the parts. I am doing this for the first time and have changed the parts and everything so many times now... but I do now have my FINAL configuration. Thanks to these forums of course!

PcPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tHsgCJ

So...   :rolleyes:

The first thing I have noticed is this: When I have been browsing my local store for my motherboard I found something odd and I am not sure what it is. In the details there is a thing called: Graphics and it says Max Allocated RAM size: 1760 MB ! What is this? :huh:  Does that mean I can't plug in my GTX 970 4 GB?!   :o  (link to the page: http://www.chiptrade.si/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=271710&search=msi+z97+gaming - just scroll down and you will see, don't mind anything else...)

Another thing also is that I am having trouble with the RAM. I am getting a single Kingston HiperX Fury Red 8 GB. There is a thing called channeling or something...   right? Will my RAM work properly? Can I plug in another completely different stick? Will that work? How do I know where to plug it in?!

Is there going to be enough cooling in my case? Will the components work porperly or will they overheat or just not work? Is there any other thing I should watch out for when building a PC?!  :ph34r:  :blink:

Please help me with this problems. I am very thankfull to you. Thank you. ;)

As for the RAM, one stick is fine. And you plug it into one of the four vertical slots next to the CPU socket.

You should definitely watch some of Newegg's videos on building a PC. They can help out greatly.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That allocated RAM probably has to do something with integrated graphics maybe.

Idk.

Definitely shouldn't interfere with the GPU.

And you're getting a single stick,don't worry about it.It will work nevertheless.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Don't worry about all that, your build will work properly just fine. I'd recommend two 4GB sticks over one 8GB but it's just the usual political reasons that don't matter that much

"Rawr XD"

What is this blasphemy? Watch LTT's videos on how to build a PC they will help out greaterly :P 

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

What is this blasphemy? Watch LTT's videos on how to build a PC they will help out greaterly :P

I personally find that Newegg's videos are a bit more in-depth. Probably because they're a retailer.

That, and this is how I learned.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I personally find that Newegg's videos are a bit more in-depth. Probably because they're a retailer.

That, and this is how I learned.

Fair enough, I think I did watch most of the videos on youtube about building a PC before building my first PC. Just to get different perspectives and different peoples little tips/tricks. 

Fair enough, I think I did watch most of the videos on youtube about building a PC before building my first PC. Just to get different perspectives and different peoples little tips/tricks. 

As did I, though I don't believe Linus had a guide when I built mine.

I had to go through "Hey guys, this is Austin!" plenty of times xD

The build looks pretty good, though you may want to consider getting the acx 2.0 version of the 970 as it cools better and runs quieter, at least according to evga, and swap that single stick of ram out for two 4GB sticks so you can run it in dual channel which will give slightly better performance.

You may also want to get a more powerful psu so if you decide to throw in a new gpu or something of that sort in the future you won't have to get a new power supply.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

As did I, though I don't believe Linus had a guide when I built mine.

I had to go through "Hey guys, this is Austin!" plenty of times xD

HAHA I remember those days, now I just mostly stick to LTT and Tek Syndicate for the great quality videos. I'm sure I spent like 10 times more time watching videos about how to build your first PC then it actually took me to build :P 

Read the mb manuals, specifically ASUS's are pretty darn good.

i watched this like 10 times before i built my first 

Ahh so thats why I had problems upon my first boot of my first PC, I forgot to screw a banana whilst securing my MB!

Ahh so thats why I had problems upon my first boot of my first PC, I forgot to screw a banana whilst securing my MB!

He screwed a banana in that video? I'm surprised Youtube allows that sort of content. I gotta watch this.

| i5-2500k | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | G.Skill 8GB | 2x XFX R9 280X | EVGA 1000W G2 Gold |

He screwed a banana in that video? I'm surprised Youtube allows that sort of content. I gotta watch this.

bananas is the best part mate watch out for the milk and eggs !!!!!!

Thank you all for helping me. I am going to get 1 stick of memory for larger upgrade options. Now I am sure my PC will work fine. Thank you awesome people, you are awesome. xD

Also tnx for the helpfull video, I will make sure I screw in the banana and an extra egg will also help the PC to run smooth.

Thank you: @TheSLSAMG @Destroyer @Laputacake (thank you for the video!!!!! :D) @Aniallation

Thanks to all of you.