Cyborg Rat 7 contagion

brownninja97

Sorry about how bad i am at reviewing. It was freestyle i didnt have anything to look at and that was on the top of my head. I may have left out a free facts. I hope a video is fine instead of a few paragraphs.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have the regular R.A.T.7

I hate it... sometimes when I start up or come back from a sleep state on ANY PC I used it on it would bug out and only move left or right no up or down or up and down buut no left or right. This happens randomly, and it seems I have to unplug the mouse and let it sit for about 15 seconds and try again. Changing USB ports does nothing. Latest drivers.. software doesn't help. love the weight system, getting tired of the feel of it though. and my hand is too big for it.

I have the regular R.A.T.7

I hate it... sometimes when I start up or come back from a sleep state on ANY PC I used it on it would bug out and only move left or right no up or down or up and down buut no left or right. This happens randomly, and it seems I have to unplug the mouse and let it sit for about 15 seconds and try again. Changing USB ports does nothing. Latest drivers.. software doesn't help. love the weight system, getting tired of the feel of it though. and my hand is too big for it.

How long have you had it for. I never had problems past blowing it(not the best words for me to use).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i have a rat 7 contagion for just over 15 months. the first 1 had the left click issue that causes the pointer to move when the LMB is clicked even if the mopuse is held down and cannot physically move. so replaced after 2 days...

it also ships with a few other quality control issues. some sensors suffer drift and pretty much all suffer a z axis lift off issue, where the pointer moves down and right when you lift the mouse up to replace it.

2 months ago i sat down and put my hand on the mouse. only to get a static shock off the thumb angle pivot. this has resulted in an intermittent LMB pointer move issue.

the real issue with the mose is very poor qc. 1 in 5 ships with real issues that result in a high rma %.

my over all opinion is that mouse is solid for the most part but is over priced and not robust enough.

lastly i had to mod mine so it wouldnt slip about under my hand while gaming. the plastic its made from is to smooth and the least bit moisture off your hands will cause you to loose grip...

over all 6/10. when it works its a 9/10 but because of all the other side issues and actual hardware fails. it really cant get that score so 6/10 is fair i think.

over priced for the quality.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

How long have you had it for. I never had problems past blowing it(not the best words for me to use).

I've had it just past 9 months, cleaning the laser does not help my problem like I said I have to unplug it for like 15 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...