Good PSU under $120 CAD?

emachado99

I am looking for a new PSU under $120 CAD...

Forgot to mention, I would like it to be in the 500W-600W range. 

Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks!

:)

maybe the seasonic 620w 80+ bronze fully modular psu?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Please post all your questions in a single thread instead of making one for each question.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/234799-good-ssd-for-under-120-cad/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

http://www.ncix.com/detail/xfx-pro-750w-xtr-gold-d8-78946-1246.htm
XFX 80+ Gold Seasonic Rebrand @103it$ before MIR.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-supernova-750-g2-80-f0-94405.htm
EVGA 80+ Gold Superflower Rebrand @ 130$ Before MIR.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/bitfenix-fury-550w-80plus-gold-b8-96381-1246.htm
Bitfenix 80+Gold FSP Rebrand @ 100$

Would personally pick the XFX one since its an AMAZING deal once you take into account MIR. Also the Bitfenix one has sleeved cables so you can get the sleeved look if you pick that one.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

Alright, sorry 'bout that man.

I'll do that next time :)

great thx :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you don't mind having a coil whine then it would be okay

What do you mean "coil whine"? Is it a noisy PSU?

What do you mean "coil whine"? Is it a noisy PSU?

I have the 750M version, one of the worst mistakes i'd ever made. My CX psu has a coil whine too...

Cooler Master V550/650 should be in that price range if I recall correctly.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I don't really need all that though... I've only got a i5 4430, GTX 660, 8GB DDR3, 1 HDD and 1 SSD. Wouldn't anything over even like 600W be overkill?

You need room for future upgrades or OC(in your case, you can't because of a locked i5)

Reason i avoid the G1 is because of the 4 12V rails, i prefer having one instead(IMO)

You need room for future upgrades or OC(in your case, you can't because of a locked i5)

Reason i avoid the G1 is because of the 4 12V rails, i prefer having one instead(IMO)

Does it make a big difference having 4, compared to 1? I just want something, that is reliable, good customer support, and at least quiet. Those are the main things I am looking for.

Oh, and if possible it being modular. 

Does it make a big difference having 4, compared to 1? I just want something, that is reliable, good customer support, and at least quiet. Those are the main things I am looking for.

Oh, and if possible it being modular. 

EVGA Pros: 10 year warranty, great customer support, and the G2 is quiet

Info on rails

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3990