OCZ ModExtreme Pro 600w: Yay or Nay?

partick.lii

i have a friend at school that somehow has like tons of computer parts. He has this power supply that he doesnt use, and since i am building a new computer, i think i may need it. I'm not sure if it is still a good power supply nowadays, as in the types of connectors and all that important power supply stuff. Does anybody know if i is a good psu or not? By the way, I don't know why, but he rally likes reading the CPU magazines, so I offered to trade the past 4 copies of CPU for the power supply, and since i get them for free, I basically get the power supply for free. OCZ is a pretty reliable company, right?

That power supply is known to die. I personally wouldn't use it. But it will work.. Its far from reliable  :lol:

That power supply is known to die. I personally wouldn't use it. But it will work.. Its far from reliable  :lol:

Thanks, I'll drop the deal with my friend, and trade the magazines for something else!

like one of his ssds :S

Are you sure? Damn, I have one in my rig for almost two years now and nothing ever happened. It also had some good reviews. Should I start to scrap some cash and buy something else? I didn't plan to do that just yet, but if it's a must...

i have a friend at school that somehow has like tons of computer parts. He has this power supply that he doesnt use, and since i am building a new computer, i think i may need it. I'm not sure if it is still a good power supply nowadays, as in the types of connectors and all that important power supply stuff. Does anybody know if i is a good psu or not? By the way, I don't know why, but he rally likes reading the CPU magazines, so I offered to trade the past 4 copies of CPU for the power supply, and since i get them for free, I basically get the power supply for free. OCZ is a pretty reliable company, right?

Other than reliability, this PSU have very short (45cm, ~18 inches) EPS and ATX cables. By the way, I have it in my rig for two years now powering up two hard drives and GTX660ti (now it's 970), nothing ever happend, but you never know... even with the good stuff. :)

owls are awesome

Are you sure? Damn, I have one in my rig for almost two years now and nothing ever happened. It also had some good reviews. Should I start to scrap some cash and buy something else? I didn't plan to do that just yet, but if it's a must...

Other than reliability, this PSU have very short (45cm, ~18 inches) EPS and ATX cables. By the way, I have it in my rig for two years now powering up two hard drives and GTX660ti (now it's 970), nothing ever happend, but you never know... even with the good stuff. :)

i think the short cables and the extreme range of reviews closes the deal :/

good luck with that psu though!

i think the short cables and the extreme range of reviews closes the deal :/

good luck with that psu though!

Better safe than sorry! :)

Could you point me to some negative reviews? I was planning on changing my case and maybe buying a UPS, but if those are going to be horrible a new PSU awaits...

owls are awesome

Better safe than sorry! :)

Could you point me to some negative reviews? I was planning on changing my case and maybe buying a UPS, but if those are going to be horrible a new PSU awaits...

welllll most of them are from like 2010, so i might consider getting an upgrade xD