Best Android smartphone for $50?

minimoose

According to people in another thread, the phone I picked for $50 was bad, so I made a new thread:

What is the best unlocked Android smartphone for $50 that works with Sprint?

According to people in another thread, the phone I picked for $50 was bad, so I made a new thread:

What is the best unlocked Android smartphone for $50 that works with Sprint?

There's not much out there... there's some on eBay but nothing useful brand new from Sprint

"Rawr XD"

Pay a bit extra and get a really nice mid-high end phone... Get the Moto G it's $179 USD

Sigh,,,  Did you even read the post?  It has to be Sprint!  And $179 is A LOT more...

No such thing.

You need to drop at least 100

Ok, what would you is best for $100?

There's not much out there... there's some on eBay but nothing useful brand new from Sprint

What is the cheapest thing you would recommend?  And it can be refurbished.

What is the cheapest thing you would recommend?  And it can be refurbished.

Even refurbished you won't get down to $50, cheapest thing that I would recommend would probably be a second hand HTC EVO 4G. 

"Rawr XD"

Even refurbished you won't get down to $50, cheapest thing that I would recommend would probably be a second hand HTC EVO 4G

What about a Samsung Conquer?

Sorry but your not going to be able to get a unlocked phone for $50 you'd need at least $100 really $150 for something not horrible otherwise just get a used phone from ebay like the Galaxy SII (SPH-D710) which is made for Sprint. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=samsung+galaxy+s2+sprint&_from=R40|R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xsamsung+galaxy+sii+sph-d710&_nkw=samsung+galaxy+sii+sph-d710&_sacat=0

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Sorry but your not going to be able to get a unlocked phone for $50 you'd need at least $100 really $150 for something not horrible otherwise just get a used phone from ebay like the Galaxy SII (SPH-D710) which is made for Sprint. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=samsung+galaxy+s2+sprint&_from=R40|R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xsamsung+galaxy+sii+sph-d710&_nkw=samsung+galaxy+sii+sph-d710&_sacat=0

Ok, well what would you say I should get $100?  And what about the Samsung Conquer?

Definitely EVO 4G. Pretty much identical specs but better screen and much better camera. Make sure you get one with a clean ESN.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HTC-EVO-4G-Black-Sprint-8738-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-CLEAN-ESN-/271635022922?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3f3eb5844a

My carrier Ting, has a sale on the Conquer though...  A bit more trust worthy.

Sigh,,,  Did you even read the post?  It has to be Sprint!  And $179 is A LOT more...

It's unlocked and also has dual sim

It's unlocked and also has dual sim

Yes, it's unlocked, but it doesn't have CDMA support.

My carrier Ting, has a sale on the Conquer though...  A bit more trust worthy.

Ting has the EVO 4G off Glyde, it's $46 + shipping for a good condition model, and it's covered under buyer protection warranty as well to make sure you got what you paid for and not less. IMO the condition tradeoff for the screen and camera is worth it, considering the Conquer has the same screen and camera specs as the iPhone 3GS. 

"Rawr XD"

Ting has the EVO 4G off Glyde, it's $46 + shipping for a good condition model, and it's covered under warranty as well. IMO the condition tradeoff for the screen and camera is worth it IMO, considering the Conquer has the same screen and camera specs as the iPhone 3GS. 

Yeah, and it looks like the HTC EVO 4G got updated to 4.3 whereas the Conquer is still on Gingerbread I believe

Yeah, and it looks like the HTC EVO 4G got updated to 4.3 whereas the Conquer is still on Gingerbread I believe

The EVO 4G LTE got updated to 4.3, I believe the regular EVO 4G was only updated to ICS, there's a lot more ROM support for it then the Conquer if you're willing to play around, but at least ICS is better then Gingerbread

"Rawr XD"

The EVO 4G LTE got updated to 4.3, I believe the regular EVO 4G was only updated to ICS, there's a lot more ROM support for it then the Conquer if you're willing to play around, but at least ICS is better then Gingerbread

Your right!  I'm thinking of an iPhone 4 refurbished for $80....

The only issue is that the person who I'm getting it for has a Surface RT, and so can't run iTunes, so they would have to use my computer for moving music (not a big deal we live together)

Your right!  I'm thinking of an iPhone 4 refurbished for $80....

The only issue is that the person who I'm getting it for has a Surface RT, and so can't run iTunes, so they would have to use my computer for moving music (not a big deal we live together)

I'd much rather have an EVO 4G then an iPhone 4...

"Rawr XD"

I'd much rather have an EVO 4G then an iPhone 4...

Why?  better screen right?  And more up to date OS...  And camera