How can i make my HDD quieter?

sgtcool

Just get some thing rubber strips and place them under and around the drive. Or foam.

can you show any images?

rubber screws?

Rubber bands mod?

Foam where can i get that foam?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

can you show any images?

rubber screws?

Rubber bands mod?

Foam where can i get that foam?

Sponges, mate.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Well it kinda drives me crazy and my plan was to RMA it.. In my opinion a drive shouldn't sound that way :P

Ah, ok. My ST1000DM003 doesn't make that sound, but you're probably fine.

Would this work?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7851/noi-15/NoiseMagic_NoVibes_25_Silent_Hard_Drive_Mounting_System.html?tl=g33c113s209

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sounds like the drive is going bad, replace it ASAP.

@FM2+guy said its fine and its just seagate, yea i know its boring ready all the replies

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@FM2+guy said its fine and its just seagate, yea i know its boring ready all the replies

Oh okay, saw too many replies to read lol

Just get some thing rubber strips and place them under and around the drive. Or foam.

Shouldn't be necessary.. Imo this isn't your usual drive noise..

I have one of those and it's quiet and cool. I don't think that that is "usual" at all! Back up and RMA it.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!