Help me convince my parents

Hi guys, I am looking into buying a new phone as i still use the original htc desire which was handed down from my father.

I was looking into buying something high end like a one+one or a galaxy s5/note4. My parents want me to get something less expencive like a moto G.

I need your help to either help me convince my parents or convince me that they are right and i should get a cheap smartphone.

I currently use an ipad for most of my media and games. I would like this to change as an ipad is bulky to carry around everywhere.

Thanks in advanced

Ps if anyone has a 1+1 invite, it qould be appriciated as that is my favourite smartphine and it is cheap

I would argue that the OnePlus One is a $700 phone for $350.

I got it just for that reason.

Also just get a job and buy it your self. Parents don't like to spend money on unnecessary things.

Hi guys, I am looking into buying a new phone as i still use the original htc desire which was handed down from my father.

I was looking into buying something high end like a one+one or a galaxy s5/note4. My parents want me to get something less expencive like a moto G.

I need your help to either help me convince my parents or convince me that they are right and i should get a cheap smartphone.

I currently use an ipad for most of my media and games. I would like this to change as an ipad is bulky to carry around everywhere.

Thanks in advanced

Ps if anyone has a 1+1 invite, it qould be appriciated as that is my favourite smartphine and it is cheap

Remember to follow your topics and quote members! :)

With today's optimization, you don't really need a high end phone :)

Moto G is a great phone :)

Also, if you like 1+1, the go for it :) It's  great deal for the price :)

Just print out a sheet of specs fro M8, S5, 1+1... and show it to them and explain that you can get a phone that has a real value of 700$~ but costs 350$!!!

Also just get a job and buy it your self. Parents don't like to spend money on unnecessary things.

I have some money saved up which would be enough for an s5. Their argument is that i should save my money for something else and buy a cheap phone or use the one i have. That is why i need help

Thanks in advanced

If I was you I'd "meet in the middle" with a Moto X or a Nexus 5...  Both are very good phones with amazing access to android. 

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Also, if you like 1+1, the go for it :) It's great deal for the price

The only problem is the invite system. I can't find an invite for the phone.

Anyone has one help me :P

note sure if it is still avalbie but look into the LG G2 i have it and i have it flashed with G3 rom so has 4k recording and 120 slow mo and all the G3 stuff that are software based. and when i got it just before the G3 released it was about $380 at T-moblie

Needs Update

note sure if it is still avalbie but look into the LG G2 i have it and i have it flashed with G3 rom so has 4k recording and 120 slow mo and all the G3 stuff that are software based. and when i got it just before the G3 released it was about $380 at T-moblie

I didn't go for the lg g 2 or 3 as i didn't like the buttons on the back and my friend had one and said it was quite fragile

Why don't you settle for something cheaper like a huawei ascend P7? If you have a first or second gen ipad the P7 is likely just as fast or faster. I'd bet your parents would be more willing to buy one for you.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why don't you settle for something cheaper like a huawei ascend P7? If you have a first or second gen ipad the P7 is likely just as fast or faster. I'd bet your parents would be more willing to buy one for you.

A friend of mine has that phone and when i held it in my hands, it felt quite uncomfortable and the os felt jerky. My ipad is the 4 th gen and so it is fast and i like to use it. The only downside is that it is a hassle to carry around with me esecially when im on the bus or at school. Otherwise it was my second best purchase (appart from my pc :P)

Also, if you like 1+1, the go for it :) It's great deal for the price

The only problem is the invite system. I can't find an invite for the phone.

Anyone has one help me :P

I isn't even that hard... Just look at this forum, be somewhat active at their forum... You can also order it online at oppomart, but it's around 470$ with the shipping insurance and screen protector :) You can even buy a case for it :)

I didn't go for the lg g 2 or 3 as i didn't like the buttons on the back and my friend had one and said it was quite fragile

wel mine is still going strong and i love the buttons on the back got use-to it so fast and now it feels weird to have to do stuff on the sides ...

Needs Update

Moto g 2014 is the way to go man... I mean it offers pretty much everything you need. I know the high end phones might seem better ( and they are ) but not by alot honestly. If you really want one just ask really nice or get job or a something

Interested in Business and Technology

A friend of mine has that phone and when i held it in my hands, it felt quite uncomfortable and the os felt jerky. My ipad is the 4 th gen and so it is fast and i like to use it. The only downside is that it is a hassle to carry around with me esecially when im on the bus or at school. Otherwise it was my second best purchase (appart from my pc :P)

Maybe you can convince your parents if you sell your ipad, and use that money to pay the phone, not sure that's what you'd like though...

Jerky or not, that phone is pure value and if you can't get the oneplus one it's a pretty good choice if that's the highest price they'll agree to pay. Sometimes you've got to compromise my friend (don't tell Rorschach I said that though  :ph34r: )

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Moto G 2nd gen is really good! One down side is that there's no LTE. It can play every game on the play store without dropping a frame!

Nexus 5 is also still a really great offer especially when it gets android 5.0 to help with the battery life.

CPU Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz + CM hyper 212 evo Motherboard Gigabyte RAM 8gb GPU Nvidia GTX 670 Case Antec Nine Hundred Storage Samsung 840 SSD PSU Antec 650w Display Asus 144hz + 16:10 Samsung for coding Keyboard Microsoft Mouse Steelseries Sensei Raw Sound Sennheiser HD555

Really though the NEW moto g 2014 is a really great phone maybe you can save up and add on and get like a OnePlus One which is as good or better than all the high end phones out

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Either get a OnePlus One or a Moto G. The two best bang-for-the-buck phones out now

Part of the Q6600 club

OnePlus One if you can get it. There are many dudes who give them away here, keep an eye on them.

You can argue that despite apple and samsung devices, particularly the flagships, cost more, they hold their value really we'll, so after 2 years, you can get at least half the cost back if you sell it.

tell them its made from China and a new company=instant convincing

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Guys just an update. I managed to get an invite dor the 1+1 but it wont be available till q2. My father came up with the idea that he will sell me his nexus 5 for 200 euros and he will upgrade to the nexus 6. The phone is the 32 gb version and is less than a year old. Should i get the 1+1 or accept the nexus offer?