best gaming headset 7.1

Clyde

I highly recommend the HD800 with modmic. If I had to pick one single headphone for serious FPS use that's what I'd pick. And it's a rockstar for music too. It's a bit hot on the treble, they're open and they are comfy.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I highly recommend the HD800 with modmic. If I had to pick one single headphone for serious FPS use that's what I'd pick. And it's a rockstar for music too. It's a bit hot on the treble, they're open and they are comfy.

does it have 7.1

does it have 7.1

Load it up with Razer Surround. It is one of the best headphones for soundstage and imaging which exists. It'll kick every n00b headset's ass in that category. Pick this baby up if you like your positional audio GUD. I speak from experience.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Load it up with Razer Surround. It is one of the best headphones for soundstage and imaging which exists. It'll kick every n00b headset's ass in that category. Pick this baby up if you like your positional audio GUD. I speak from experience.

you trolling me its very expensive!

What is your max budget?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Whatever do you mean?

You said the best headset. That's what I suggested.

Honestly, what moron asks a one-sentenced question without telling us more specific needs, price range, and location? Use your head before you post.

150-200

ATH-M50x + Mod mic

Beyerdynamic DT-770 + Mod mic

Or if you really MUST have a headset then the Logitech G35/Kingston HyperX cloud/Corsair Vengeance 2100 spring to mind

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

but not that expensive wew

Honestly, if I just say, recommend me the BEST car, then anything goes, from a Nissan to Lamborghini, don't you think? If I've said, recommend me the BEST car in $15k - $25k range, now that's very different.

Without any info on the first post, how do you expect people to know your budget? This is not a psychic forum, you know. There are people with $10 budget for a headphone, and there are people with $5000 budget for a headphone. How should we know which one you are? Can you really blame the suggestion?

In audio world, the price range is very vast. You'd think $1500 HD800 is very expensive already. Google 'Sennheiser Orpheus', 20 grand 2nd hand....

Whatever do you mean?

You said the best headset. That's what I suggested.

Honestly, what moron asks a one-sentenced question without telling us more specific needs, price range, and location? Use your head before you post.

The guy just wanted a simple suggestion and you had to come here and try to start ****, lmao. If someone is asking for a 7.1 gaming headset you don't suggest a $1500 enthusiast headset. Forums would be a better place if people would learn to not act like pricks behind the keyboard.

Anyways, I've heard a lot of good things about the HyperX Cloud and it is well below your budget. @Clyde

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

The guy just wanted a simple suggestion and you had to come here and try to start ****, lmao. If someone is asking for a 7.1 gaming headset you don't suggest a $1500 enthusiast headset. Forums would be a better place if people would learn to not act like pricks behind the keyboard.

Anyways, I've heard a lot of good things about the HyperX Cloud and it is well below your budget. @Clyde

Cool story.

Forums would be a better place if people stop making threads with only 8 words in it.

Cool story.

Forums would be a better place if people stop making threads with only 8 words in it.

I'd rather have a 1000 8 word threads with people genuinley looking for help rather than a herd of on edge smartasses.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

I'd rather have a 1000 8 word threads with people genuinley looking for help rather than a herd of on edge smartasses.

Funnily enough, if there were people that weren't genuinely looking for help, this guy is as close as it gets, as you said in your own post: 8 worded threads. Obviously doesn't care. How low does the IQ go for this to seem fine? He asked a question, I answered and gave the actual correct answer to what he asked. If you don't like it, too bad.

This entire forum section is inundated with people who don't bother to search threads before asking, everything is about headsets and 7.1. Obviously a guy that doesn't even bother to type out his own thread won't bother to read the FAQ. The audio subsection is the epitome of laziness. I've spent hours helping random strangers on the internet for various topics, but not when the person looking for help gives less effort than I do. Keep going, let me show you how many cares I give. It'll be fun.

7.1 headsets are a gimmick, good open headphones will outperform almost anything from the "gamer" market, these are amazing for the price and sound objectively better than like every gaming headset except for maybe the Sennheiser PC360 or the Audio-Technica ADG1 and AG1. Add a mod mic or any other mic you fancy, and you're good to go.

if you ABSOLUTELY want virtual surround, go install Razer surround. I just set my games to "headphone" in the audio settings and I'm good to go.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Funnily enough, if there were people that weren't genuinely looking for help, this guy is as close as it gets, as you said in your own post: 8 worded threads. Obviously doesn't care. How low does the IQ go for this to seem fine? He asked a question, I answered and gave the actual correct answer to what he asked. If you don't like it, too bad.

The HD800 is by no means considered a 7.1 gaming headset, so I don't understand how you could beleive that you gave the correct answer. Also, you don't know if OP's first language is even english. What if he can't post those gloriously detailed questions you require to get an even half decent response without looking any dumber than it seems now. You have to have some respect for people, rather than coming right off the bat with comments like "moron" and something as unrelated as a "low IQ" in a situation like this.

EDIT: If you don't wanna help people thats fine, just try to not be too much of a ****. That is all. :)

7.1 headsets are a gimmick, good open headphones will outperform almost anything from the "gamer" market, these are amazing for the price and sound objectively better than like every gaming headset except for maybe the Sennheiser PC360 or the Audio-Technica ADG1 and AG1. Add a mod mic or any other mic you fancy, and you're good to go.

if you ABSOLUTELY want virtual surround, go install Razer surround. I just set my games to "headphone" in the audio settings and I'm good to go.

Was about to post something similar. As for '(virtual) 7.1 headset', literally every stereo headphone + mic of some sort is a virtual 7.1 surround headset. My HE400 is a virtual 7.1 headset (because I got a clip on $1 mic  :D ), even a $4000 Stax 009 with a strap on mic is a virtual 7.1 headset.

I don't think most people understand the meaning of 'virtual surround' (not you, I know you know about this already :P ). The HRTF effects in game engines IS the virtual surround. It's just built-in to the game, rather than implemented in the dongle thingy (which in most cases are worse than the built-in sound engines of games anyway)