Best Membrane Keyboard?

brownninja97

I would go for the Corsair k50. Heres a few reasons why.

1. Build Quality: Uses a metal backplate like the k70 and k90.

2.Cleaning: most membrane switch keyboards you cant really clean since you cant remove the caps easily. However, with this keyboard you will be able to clean it since it has its design pretty much identical to that of the k60/k70.

However I would like to mention something. Paying $99.99 for a membrane switch keyboard does seem kinda odd to me. Seeing how the the k70 is not that much more expensive. Also, the k70 will soon having blues and brown switches to go along with the Reds if that was something you were interested in. I do apologize in advanced if you will take offence to this suggestion that i made about mechanical swithes :x

I can remove the caps from my keyboard easily, what kinda keyboard do you use(if you say dell you die(for death)).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I usually just buy cheap or go for mechanical.

I tried many mechanical types and i dont like them, dont ask why i just dont like them. That is why the question is being asked.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I tried many mechanical types and i dont like them, dont ask why i just dont like them. That is why the question is being asked.

Just go with something well made then like the corsair k50.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I can remove the caps from my keyboard easily, what kinda keyboard do you use(if you say dell you die(for death)).

I use the 2012 year of the dragon limited edition cherry mx blue keyboard from ducky :D

Its a 10 keyless but who needs that anyways.

If you dont like mechanicals you may just have to pony up and get the k50. It is probably the only membrane keyboard i can recommend from the reasons i listed above.

If you dont like mechanicals you may just have to pony up and get the k50. It is probably the only membrane keyboard i can recommend from the reasons i listed above.

SO if money didnt matter then the Strike 7 or the strike 5 are bad.

Listen if you care.

Anyone used a Logitech G110 before, looks quite good.

Listen if you care.

SO if money didnt matter then the Strike 7 or the strike 5 are bad.

Well to me they look kind of gimmicky with all the modular parts it has. Also, honestly, i cant really think of a way for anyone to use all that stuff .

Well to me they look kind of gimmicky with all the modular parts it has. Also, honestly, i cant really think of a way for anyone to use all that stuff .

If only they made a strike 3. Nothing else really goes with the rat 7 ive got and nzxt phantom.

Listen if you care.

If only they made a strike 3. Nothing else really goes with the rat 7 ive got and nzxt phantom.

If i may ask, do you honestly see yourself using any of those modular parts from the strike 5 or 7?

i mean spending 150-300 dollars on a membrane keyboard which just has plastic extensions on it seems kinda strange.

If i may ask, do you honestly see yourself using any of those modular parts from the strike 5 or 7?

i mean spending 150-300 dollars on a membrane keyboard which just has plastic extensions on it seems kinda strange.

Thats why a strike 3 would be better. Scrap the bullshit and keep the colour scheme.

Listen if you care.

Thats why a strike 3 would be better. Scrap the bullshit and keep the colour scheme.

Couldn't agree more. If I may ask what mechanical switches have you tried and what did you not like about them?

Couldn't agree more. If I may ask what mechanical switches have you tried and what did you not like about them?

I cant name the switches that ive used over the time but i must say that i just dont like them. Its like some gut feeling of not liking it.

Listen if you care.

• 1 year later...

I just recently bought myself the Inland wireless multimedia keyboard/mouse combo from Microcenter for only $17.  It's the best membrane keyboard I've used so far.  The keyboard is a joy to type with and the response is as good as wired.  I've had and used a bunch of wireless keyboards including ones from Logitech and none are as good as the Inland one.  I can almost type flawlessly with it.

409099_319186_01_front_zoom.jpg

So its something different. Whats your opinion and please try to not go crazy and shove mechanical keyboards on here. So whats the best membrane out there?

This is what I use.

$_35.JPG

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Logitech K740 is great. It looks very simple but for typing I prefer it to my Corsair K70 with MX reds.

if money isnt an issue go for the steelseries apex. other than that i would go a ps2 connecter rubber dome keyboard since it will have nkro