PETA is pissed at Google because of a camel

AlexGoesHigh

Eh, there's a big difference between medical testing of animals (though it can be a grey area to some degree) and Chanel testing to see if their new fragrance is toxic, or testing new pesticide concoctions for profit.  Needlessly killing and maiming animals because money is abhorrent.

The problem I got with them are that most of the things they do are harmful, not good. Just because you do some good deeds does not mean you are good. I got a perfect example but I'd rather not invoke Godwin.

Even if you ignore the really crazy people, the foundation of PETA is still crazy. Banning animal testing would be devastating. Sorry, but a rat is not as valuable as a human life, even though that's what PETA is trying to push. If my house was burning I'd go and save my nephew first, not my dogs even though I love them more than I love any other animals. By PETA standards, I should value them equally.

It's not some nice apple tree with a few bad apples on it. The entire tree is rotten to the core, with most of the fruits  on it being pure poison.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Eh, there's a big difference between medical testing of animals (though it can be a grey area to some degree) and Chanel testing to see if their new fragrance is toxic, or testing new pesticide concoctions for profit.  Needlessly killing and maiming animals because money is abhorrent.

I don't see how it's a gray area to test things like medicine on animals. Do you have any idea how many lives that have been saved because of medicines developed with the help of animals?

PETA don't separate between different kinds of animal testing. I am against animal cruelty as well, unless it can make the lives of us humans better. I would rather have a dozen rats suffer than thousands of humans. PETA would rather we do human testing.

Not every bit of medicine saves lives, or is anything more than a front for a drug company to make more zillions of dollars.  It's grey enough.  I would like to see less animal testing and more human testing simply because humans can consent.  Destroying the lives of other living creatures because they can't do anything about it isn't very good either.

Nowhere am I trying to say necessarily testing on animals is a bad thing, but the question of necessity is one that doesn't seem to be explored enough, due to ease, cost, availability, red tape, etc.

I don't see how it's a gray area to test things like medicine on animals. Do you have any idea how many lives that have been saved because of medicines developed with the help of animals?

PETA don't separate between different kinds of animal testing. I am against animal cruelty as well, unless it can make the lives of us humans better. I would rather have a dozen rats suffer than thousands of humans. PETA would rather we do human testing.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Not every bit of medicine saves lives, or is anything more than a front for a drug company to make more zillions of dollars.  It's grey enough.  I would like to see less animal testing and more human testing simply because humans can consent.  Destroying the lives of other living creatures because they can't do anything about it isn't very good either.

Nowhere am I trying to say necessarily testing on animals is a bad thing, but the question of necessity is one that doesn't seem to be explored enough, due to ease, cost, availability, red tape, etc.

I would never condone having experimental medicine tested on humans if we could test it on rats first. You are quite literally saying "we should kill humans instead of rats because at least the human agreed to it".

The only way someone would agree to having experiments done to them would be if they were extremely desperate and it was the only way. The only reason why it would be the only way would be if some law passed that we weren't allowed to use rats for testing.

Again, at the very least there is a 1:1 ratio of mice suffering and humans suffering when doing experiments like these. So would you rather a rat suffer or a human suffer? The question really is as simple as that. I would personally strangle 100 rats with my bare hands if it meant saving 1 human.

Whether you would do the same is only a question of how much you value the life of a human.

The E and T in PETA obviously stand for Eco Terrorists.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Well, PETA are fucking dimwits to start with, so everything they say to me is invalid.

You might want to rethink that statement. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

As my uncle Ralph used to say "Want some cheese with that whine?".

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

Because a go pro on a camels back is going to affect it for the rest of its life and could possibly in danger the animal... Okay Peta chill like its a camal with a camera on it in its natural habitat

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Listening to Penn Jillette rip into P.E.T.A. always made me happy.

Good on google for being eco-friendly

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

okay, a while ago google decided to map the Abu Dahbi's Liwa Desert for street view, for that they mounted one of their backpacks cameras to a camel, emphasis on the part that its a backpack designed for humans originally, PETA's president think that this is abuse, even though he didn't used that word in his comment, that's pretty much the point he's trying to make

now he ain't wrong here, google could have used a jeep instead, but like i said earlier, that thing was made to be carried by humans, also the camel ain't going alone wandering in the desert, that day had good weather and lastly i bet the owners of that camel take care of him better that some people treat their own children, Raffi the camel its fine

source: jalopnik.com

my thoughts

10179943406_3cf589c1b6_o.gif

Why don't they just go out and actually, just maybe, help some animals in danger rather than just complain about google using one for street view. I'm sure he's fine. It's just a PETA publicity stunt. They're just desperate for attention.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

I think this is all a bit far-feched from PETA. This seems to me as more of a cry for attention than anything else.