Dell’s New Packaging Is Made From Mushrooms, Wheatgrass, and Cow Farts (Yes, Cow Farts)

its alot of rubbish.. If anything its more damaging that just making our own plastic from hydrocarbons like we do now. This way you need to bother collecting "air" and then give it energy to produce plastic... waste of time.

Well methane and Nitrogen Oxide are two major pollutants. So taking those out of the air is actually a good idea. 

A very good idea actually.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Not sure, but were Dell's laptop that some reports says they smell like cat pee?

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

This is a lot of crap Its not green at all... It pulls nothing out of the air and requires extra energy to carry the reaction (the same amount as just making plastic normally), scientific illiteracy at its best I will link you to this video here:

*snip*

yeah it seems there was no consideration of a life cycle assessment for this, that's why packaging from corn and soybeans are a better choice

Well methane and Nitrogen Oxide are two major pollutants. So taking those out of the air is actually a good idea. 

yes but the amount of energy needed to gather this directly out of the air would be significant, you need to look at the whole life of the system.

also these plastic's I think will break down slowly like normal plastics which will add to the junk pile in the pacific sea

Its all about those volumetric clouds

don't humans produce methane when they fart as well? might as well use fart from humans working in the factory.

Yes they do but i highly doubt there sticking tubes up cows asses and capturing there farts id say they are collecting the poo and extracting the methane on a much bigger scale all at once.

its alot of rubbish.. If anything its more damaging that just making our own plastic from hydrocarbons like we do now. This way you need to bother collecting "air" and then give it energy to produce plastic... waste of time.

Crude oil is a limited resource, methane is biorenewable. If you add in the fact that the material itself would be degradeable that is actually fantastic. It means essentially unlimited polymer production, couple that with a green energy buildup and you have a great setup.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Crude oil is a limited resource, methane is biorenewable. If you add in the fact that the material itself would be degradable that is actually fantastic. It means essentially unlimited polymer production, couple that with a green energy buildup and you have a great setup.

I urge both of you to watch the video I linked in the first page. YES its possible to do from the air via source such as methane... But you would need a volume of pure methane larger than the empire state building to produce 1KG of this plastic (and thats even before we start having to add energy to the reaction to catalyse this into plastic) YES its possible but its slower/uses more energy and pollutes the air exactly the same way as creating normal plastic does. It seems as if nobody has bother to check the details on this one. Im supprised that DELL has jumped into this pseudoscience headfirst without checking.

Also further on your quote  "the material itself would be degradable that is actually fantastic" ALL plastic produced in the past 20 years is biodegradable within about 100 years. Its very recyclable and is probably one of the most recycled materials next to tarmac. This plastic is no different than the plastic we make now.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)