How to bass?

joemomma22

So BoltActionWaffle will be glad to know that I decided to purchase the Sennheiser HD 598 and im satisfied with them. There is a hard piece inside the earcup that doesnt make sense to me, and can be bothersome at times, but overall they are alright. Long story short I would really like to get a bit more bass out of them and I was wondering if there was a good way to do that. Thanks

windows EQ settings

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

awesome song `

My ears still hurt from the SPL

so scrub question... how?

You'll need to use the software that comes with your audio drivers, such as Realtek or IDT. Look for it in Control Panel

"Rawr XD"

You'll need to use the software that comes with your audio drivers, such as Realtek or IDT. Look for it in Control Panel

wow im not even sure what that is in my own build haha. i have a ROG mobo tho lol  so its gotta be decent. lemme check

only thing im seeing is nvidia. i guess i dont have an audio driver installed lol maybe thats why... this is my mobo though https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvihero

only thing im seeing is nvidia. i guess i dont have an audio driver installed lol maybe thats why... this is my mobo though https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvihero

lol. 

Drivers here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Win7-8-8-1_VER6017218.zip

Rundown on fancy audio functionz

"Rawr XD"

thanks for the driver. although, now everythign is a hell of a lot quieter. also where do i get that supreme fx tool. i cant seem to find the download anywhere on asus

Did you look in Control Panel or in the start menu?

"Rawr XD"

Did you look in Control Panel or in the start menu?

it doesnt come up when i search through the start menu

Edit: I have the hero VI and the video is for the VII 

it doesnt come up when i search through the start menu

Is there any option in Control Panel?

If things are quieter then the driver is working, since the driver allows for output impedance to be changed

"Rawr XD"

Is there any option in Control Panel?

If things are quieter then the driver is working, since the driver allows for output impedance to be changed

found it lol needed to look for realtek duh. and i had to turn the loudness option on because it was just toooooooooo quiet. it was restricting the volume in windows without it i guess. the volume going through would only hit 25% even when everything was maxed. loudness on is much better haha. but the supreme fx is definitely a hero VII thing because it is not the same as the one that i have. that said, I guess i have to learn what kinda eq i wanna use though i am generally not for it. idk. I am just getting into the audio world i guess.

When you said Bass, I thought you was going to talk about Fishing & how the Micropterus has a bad or good taste to it. Or Black Bass is not a fish to eat. What the hell do I know about Bass Fishing.

When you said Bass, I thought you was going to talk about Fishing & how the Micropterus has a bad or good taste to it. Or Black Bass is not a fish to eat. What the hell do I know about Bass Fishing.

no sir, i meant bass as in music. i can understand how the title would be misleading now that you point that out which is kinda funny. made me laugh

Not really. Each headphones have their pros and cons, and the HD598s are known for their bright sound and soundstage, not their bass at all. And I personally don't think the HD598s handle EQing very well. I am a bit of a basshead at times, I have HD650 for general listening, but when necessary I have a pair of JVC SZ-1000's, which when EQ'd can vibrate your brain:

*edit* I also have to add, if you are using your HD598's through an amplifier be careful of adjusting the bass volumes. I returned my hd598s twice because of a "buzzing" sound on bass notes around 50-150hz and eventually gave up on them entirely.

There is a hard piece inside the earcup that doesnt make sense to me, and can be bothersome at times

What?

I think the 598 got kind of bloated mids (mountain curve) that's (maybe) good to accentuate vocals, but yeah, not so much basses and highs, not my cup of tea.

EQ is your best option, as your other options will be hardware related (get a tube device to give it a bit warmer coloration, or last resort, change headphone)

HD 598 for bass??

You should have known if u needed bass

These things are not made for bass at all

You would have to get another pair or replace this if you can

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

What?

ill find the picture.... hold on.

I think the 598 got kind of bloated mids (mountain curve) that's (maybe) good to accentuate vocals, but yeah, not so much basses and highs, not my cup of tea.

EQ is your best option, as your other options will be hardware related (get a tube device to give it a bit warmer coloration, or last resort, change headphone)

yeah probably. now that i got my driver installed properly its not bad.

HD 598 for bass??

You should have known if u needed bass

These things are not made for bass at all

You would have to get another pair or replace this if you can

dont say it like that. I just was expecting a little more. and the slightest eq change helped that\

Well using the eq won't make the 'bass' sound as good as natural bass

Well Ur satisfied is all that matters :)

Happy listening hd598 is good

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)