Guitar Players - What Tuning Do You Normally Play In?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so this a question for my fellow guitar players. I just wanted to know what tuning you usually play your guitar in. Whether it be standard (E, A, D, G, B, E) or Drop D like I play (D, A, D, G, B, E) or whatever else it is you play. I used to use whatever tuning was attributed to the song I was playing a cover of but then I got bored of playing other peoples music and started just playing my own and as mentioned before pretty much stuck with Drop D. Unless I want to play a much softer song than I switch to standard since most of the chords I know are in standard tuning. So anyways, what are the tuning you guys play in and why! Also if you have music to share that you uploaded do that as well :D

Here's one me and my friend did for fun:

Hey guys, so this a question for my fellow guitar players. I just wanted to know what tuning you usually play your guitar in. Whether it be standard (E, A, D, G, B, E) or Drop D like I play (D, A, D, G, B, E) or whatever else it is you play. I used to use whatever tuning was attributed to the song I was playing a cover of but then I got bored of playing other peoples music and started just playing my own and as mentioned before pretty much stuck with Drop D. Unless I want to play a much softer song than I switch to standard since most of the chords I know are in standard tuning. So anyways, what are the tuning you guys play in and why! Also if you have music to share that you uploaded do that as well :D

Drop A (Devil in I) And Drop C

Drop A (Devil in I) And Drop C

Oh cool :D I've never played in Drop A before and Drop C is nice, I mostly used it to play System of a Down.

Is that background noise at the beginning of that clip?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Oh cool :D I've never played in Drop A before and Drop C is nice, I mostly used it to play System of a Down.

Well Drop A tunning your string's are more losse than 70-year-old titties xD 

Is that background noise at the beginning of that clip?

Feedback from the amp. The recording was made with the microphone on an iPhone using the voice memo app.

standard unless a song can benefit from it like instead of using a capo

Oh cool. I play at standard. Im a noob :P

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

standard unless a song can benefit from it like instead of using a capo

Ah cool :D I don't own a capo so I mostly have to tune down. I don't really play other peoples songs anymore though so I guess it's no big deal.

Oh cool. I play at standard. Im a noob :P

Standard isn't being a noob ^-^ it's about tuning to your musical style. Drop D and Drop C are mostly for Metal and Hard Rock whereas Standard can really do anything.

Standard isn't being a noob ^-^ it's about tuning to your musical style. Drop D and Drop C are mostly for Metal and Hard Rock whereas Standard can really do anything.

i wish i had an elecrtric. I know one song (well mostly i dont know how to do the solo) but it doesnt sound as cool on an acoustic :(

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

DADGAD, drop d, double drop d. And standard.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

DADGAD, drop d, double drop d. And standard.

I have not tried Double drop D that actually sounds kind of cool. Do you know of any sample songs that utilize it?

i wish i had an elecrtric. I know one song (well mostly i dont know how to do the solo) but it doesnt sound as cool on an acoustic :(

Ironically I wish I had an acoustic aha ^-^ That way all the softer songs I play wouldn't need me to change tuning. Also they still sound cool just without distortion.

I have not tried Double drop D that actually sounds kind of cool. Do you know of any sample songs that utilize it?

I play mostly acoustic, so those tunings fit well with my playing style.

Going to California is double drop d.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Ironically I wish I had an acoustic aha ^-^ That way all the softer songs I play wouldn't need me to change tuning. Also they still sound cool just without distortion.

i havent played for months the callous i was developing disappeared :P