Is the G3258 considered as 'Devil's Canyon'?

Hi

I'm not sure what series does the pentium G3258 fit in... It's not Devil's Canyon, because it doesn't have the new TIM, it's not original Haswell because it needs a BIOS update to run on 8-series boards, and it's not Haswell Refresh because it has an unlocked multiplier. So what is it?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

It was part of the Devils Canyon launch so it is probably still considered part of the line-up. Other than that it's probably just "Anniversary"

I don't think so

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

The website says originally haswell

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

PCpartpicker says it's haswell refresh, so I'd say yes.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Pretty sure it is.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hi

I'm not sure what series does the pentium G3258 fit in... It's not Devil's Canyon, because it doesn't have the new TIM, it's not original Haswell because it needs a BIOS update to run on 8-series boards, and it's not Haswell Refresh because it has an unlocked multiplier. So what is it?

It's not technically Devil's Canyon as only 4690K and 4790K are Devil's Canyon. It's Pentium Anniversary Edition, which I guess is the Pentium counterpart of Devil's Canyon. The architecture it's based on though is still original Haswell, it's really just an unlocked multiplier.  

Either way you will need a BIOS update due to it being a newer CPU that wasn't around at the time of the original Haswell chips

"Rawr XD"

the g3258 is considered as haswell refresh not DC

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King