Trouble with the ax1500i

ldehaas1612

Hi guys, i'm new here so don't get hard on me ;)

So, i bought this pc the other day with all the latest stuff in it. I've got the i7 5960x on a asus rog rampage v extreme and 32 gb ddr4 ramm and 2 r9 295x2's. For all this stuff i got myself a corsair ax1500i psu to get it all powered up, but here is the thing: after putting it all together, it doesn't want to power on.. After switching on the psu the start and reset button on the board are lighting up, but when i press the start button, nothing happens.. Nothing at all..

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

--snip--

does it click on and of or just light up and not boot

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Welcome to the forum!

I had the same exact problem today when finalizing the transfer of my build to a new case. Turns out the 24-pin wasn't well attached to the psu. Check if all the cables are inserted properly, 90% of the times that's the problem. If you had to push the cables in to be able to close the case, that might have moved them from the right position.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It doesn't do a thing at all...

whats your cpu cooler

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

@Sauron i've tried that already, pulled all the cables out, rewired them outside the case and tested it outside the case with every wire in place but still no sign of life

@JEman99 i've got the thermalright silver arrow sb-e extreme

@Sauron i've tried that already, pulled all the cables out, rewired them outside the case and tested it outside the case with every wire in place but still no sign of life

@JEman99 i've got the thermalright silver arrow sb-e extreme

have you tried reseating the cpu and the cooler if you have extra thermal paste

Yes i did.. It was the last thing i did before coming over here to ask around here.. Didn't solve the problem tho :(

Anyone any ideas? Or experience with this? Am i using the wrong rails? Is it absolutely necessary to put the usb comm thing in? Or could it be the motherboard which is playing with me?

it might be a bad power on button, try to connect the two pins on your mobo with a flathead screwdriver. i had this problem once, you might have the same.

otherwise i don't know what it could be.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

it might be a bad power on button, try to connect the two pins on your mobo with a flathead screwdriver. i had this problem once, you might have the same.

otherwise i don't know what it could be.

Nope.. It isn't.. I've tried it with the screwdriver, the buttons on the board itself and the top botton on the case... Doesn't wanna go :(

Disconnect every modular cable from the PSU, and press the selftest button. Does it light up?

Clear Cmos by the way, it's located where the USB ports are.

Disconnect every modular cable from the PSU, and press the selftest button. Does it light up?

Clear Cmos by the way, it's located where the USB ports are.

^ This.

Did you install your motherboard stand-offs properly?

(We've had a few posts in the last few weeks where people either didn't install stand-off's at all, or didn't do it correctly)

Can you post a few pictures of the internal cable / wire connections of your system?

I just want to make sure things like the 8-pin CPU power connection is connected properly, the 24-pin is seated correctly, and all the front I/O connections are proper, etc.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Try turning it on with a single graphics card on all slots, then do the same with the other card if it doesn't start. At least this way we can determine if you have a defective card. Also, try troubleshooting each ram stick (as in, try one at a time in all slots and see if it turns on, even without gpu, you don't need to see anything, you just need to see if the fans start spinning).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thanks all for the suggestions! Still no luck so far sadly.. Does anyone by any chance know if there is some button or switch on the psu to set the rails correctly or something? Because i heard that could be the problem aswell. I noticed it looks like only the 24 pin adapter is getting power and the rest isn't

Thanks all for the suggestions! Still no luck so far sadly.. Does anyone by any chance know if there is some button or switch on the psu to set the rails correctly or something? Because i heard that could be the problem aswell. I noticed it looks like only the 24 pin adapter is getting power and the rest isn't

Again..

Disconnect every modular cable from the PSU. Keep the switch at 1 and the AC cable plugged in.

Press this button then

98tSVbs.png

If it lights green up, check your cables, perhaps you have a bad 24pin.

If it lights red up, RMA your PSU

Again..

Disconnect every modular cable from the PSU. Keep the switch at 1 and the AC cable plugged in.

Press this button then

98tSVbs.png

If it lights green up, check your cables, perhaps you have a bad 24pin.

If it lights red up, RMA your PSU

okay help me out here: i did what you told me to, and the led lights up green after pressing the self test and the fan on the PSU starts. so there is something else wrong... i had it working today for a few minutes outside the case! but then when i thought i had it all working and putted it all inside the case, it didn't work anymore. still the green light is burning when the 24-pin is out, and all the other stuff that's still plugged in does all work. but after that i can't seen to boot it anymore... is there a secret trick behind it to start it anyway without the need of pressing the start button on the board itself?

okay help me out here: i did what you told me to, and the led lights up green after pressing the self test and the fan on the PSU starts. so there is something else wrong... i had it working today for a few minutes outside the case! but then when i thought i had it all working and putted it all inside the case, it didn't work anymore. still the green light is burning when the 24-pin is out, and all the other stuff that's still plugged in does all work. but after that i can't seen to boot it anymore... is there a secret trick behind it to start it anyway without the need of pressing the start button on the board itself?

Do you perhaps have the 24pin (the bigger one) on the PSU side too hard pushed in? Plug it out and just plug it in but don't let it click yet. Then try booting..

You just said that when you installed everything in your case, it didnt worked anymore... did you install the motherboard standoffs correctly?

Do you perhaps have the 24pin (the bigger one) on the PSU side too hard pushed in? Plug it out and just plug it in but don't let it click yet. Then try booting..

okay, bare with me, i'm gonna try it right now

i used the ones which came preinstalled with the nzxt phantom 820

okay, bare with me, i'm gonna try it right now

Just make sure to quote me though.