Best free website maker?

melias24

Hey guy's, thinking of starting a tech webstie (along with a youtube channel) and need a free website builder, but don't know any good one's, anyone have any suggestion's on a free website builder (that is also free to keep up the website no subscription's, but i'm alright with paying like $5 to keep it up, just no monthly payment fee's.)

Thanks,

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I have looked around before and imho free solutions are never the way to go. The alternative, which I use for my website, is One.com who only charge £1.30 ($2.00) a month which is by far the cheapest i've found for web hosting.

The best free website make is Notepad++ . Now, I'm not making fun of you, I am serious, learn some basic HTML it will be enough to get your website started. Go to w3 school for the basics, it's free and get a free hosting. You will never be happy with a free website maker and it will put some limitations on you, while writing it yourself is limited to your own imagination and you can make it look EXACTLY the way you want it to. :)

if you're trying to learn Web Developing I'd recommend Code Academy It's free and its fun! 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Get some cheap webhosting, install wordpress, install a theme and customize it, done.

SquareSpace is pretty good but as others have said, learning just a bit of html can go a long way. Codecademy is good.

Good luck with the youtube channel

Edit:

If you want to host it yourself I would use wordpress, buy a nice theme and then all you have to do is write articles.