Giant leap in future internet speeds.

Ggunn74

my 100/50 will be here soon cant wait!!! fiber is already in my street!

The NBN won't give you that speed, trust me

The NBN won't give you that speed, trust me

I know ill get like 80-90 down and 30-40 up from what I see from most users with that speed tier which is still loads better than my 16down 800kbps up now and hopefully when libs gtfo we will have those gigabit speeds we were suppose to get.

The problem is that i, in the middle of munich, a 1.407.836 people big city in germany, am stuck with fucking 16mbit down/1mbit up. I know its not even the worst, but before we move onto 10xfaster than the max we have right now, we should come somewhere close to the max what is possible; however we are very far away from that.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

The infrastructure is currently still mostly copper with the technology to go fibre for ages, and yet we are seeing very slow adoption of this new technology around the world. Even though this isn't a replacement for the whole fibre network, it doesn't seem like it would be cheap to implement either, so we are probably still a long way away...