How to play

UltimateDave

I have to admit, i love the idea of the game and want to play it ALOT when it releases. But there is 1 problem, i suck at it. In arena commander after a few games i have not gotten a single kill ( I am  using KB+M, gonna get a joystick soon, is that why i suck) Am i not playing right? Am i missing vital aspects of the game? What is wrong?

Which game is it....

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Which game is it....

Star Citizen

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Star Citizen

Alright. Then IDK, because I don't have it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Which forum is it?

IDK, I saw it in recent posts. I thought it was PCGaming subforum, I was never really aware there was a Star Citizen Subforum.

I have to admit, i love the idea of the game and want to play it ALOT when it releases. But there is 1 problem, i suck at it. In arena commander after a few games i have not gotten a single kill ( I am  using KB+M, gonna get a joystick soon, is that why i suck) Am i not playing right? Am i missing vital aspects of the game? What is wrong?

For beginners its easier with KB&M so if your having a hard time you must be doing something wrong.

how do you aim at the target`? straight on?

For beginners its easier with KB&M so if your having a hard time you must be doing something wrong.

how do you aim at the target`? straight on?

not with the blue crosshair, i use the green circle and aim+shoot with that

not with the blue crosshair, i use the green circle and aim+shoot with that

Green is good, but it should be a diamond (or a flipped square if you wish to call it that)

I suggest you practice some and if your still bad by next week, you could try recording your gameplay and share it here.

easier to know what your doing wrong that way.

Green is good, but it should be a diamond (or a flipped square if you wish to call it that)

I suggest you practice some and if your still bad by next week, you could try recording your gameplay and share it here.

easier to know what your doing wrong that way.

I'll practice and see where that leads me. I can easily record the gameplay but how would i upload it?

Edit: Just set it as a link only youtube video or something?

yeah a youtube video works.

make sure to let me know when you link it.

Wasn't recording, but i got to wave 14 in singleplayer vanduul swarm, only ever gotten to 3. Only difference was i unlocked the hornet (idk how highest ship is avenger) and used that instead of the 300i. Never even used missiles (didn't know how). Is the hornet really that much better or have i just magically gotten better.

On a side note what is causing me to black out sometimes

I'll practice and see where that leads me. I can easily record the gameplay but how would i upload it?

Edit: Just set it as a link only youtube video or something?

What ship are you flying?

I was using the 300i, but, as i said in the last post, i got WAAAY better with the hornet

Ohh cool, I'll try to jump on it later and explain the shooting if I can

You got skype or teamspeak?

No I'll put a video up, just had a thought you might be hitting there shields but not breaking through, the chain guns on the hornet are allowed to break through but at a weaker state

It's cool to hear that you made such a big progress fast. The key is to shoot at the lead indicators and not the ship itself as obviously the bullet takes some time to reach the target.

And yeah, the Hornet is much more effective at the moment. Balancing tweaks might change it later, but for now regardless of controls I do better with Hornet.

No I'll put a video up, just had a thought you might be hitting there shields but not breaking through, the chain guns on the hornet are allowed to break through but at a weaker state

I just felt like i could never hit them in the first place lol

It's cool to hear that you made such a big progress fast. The key is to shoot at the lead indicators and not the ship itself as obviously the bullet takes some time to reach the target.

And yeah, the Hornet is much more effective at the moment. Balancing tweaks might change it later, but for now regardless of controls I do better with Hornet.

I think that may have been one of my problems, but when i started to try to hit them DAMN they were hard to hit lol

Gonna try to finish wave 15, now i know how to use missiles

Edit: Wave 9, bad luck lol

To be honest I managed to beat wave 15 only with a friend. The two AI wingmen are useless. Even as he was plying for the first time, we managed to beat the whole swarm. 

To be honest I managed to beat wave 15 only with a friend. The two AI wingmen are useless. Even as he was plying for the first time, we managed to beat the whole swarm. 

Yup, same here with @rentaspoon and me. We beat wave 15 in 41 minutes :)

But with singleplayer, I can't get past wave 11/12

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Yup, same here with @rentaspoon and me. We beat wave 15 in 41 minutes :)

But with singleplayer, I can't get past wave 11/12

Damn, i got further than u lol

The wingmen died by like  wave 4

You guys wanna try with all of us and see how fast we can kill wave 15?

Damn, i got further than u lol

The wingmen died by like  wave 4

You guys wanna try with all of us and see how fast we can kill wave 15?

How many can connect to a single coop match?