My Entire Build and Planning Log.

THE DOCTOR!!...EXTERMINATE!...EXTERMINATE!

Now i am just lost.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Now i am just lost.

Ignore it. it had nothing to do with anything.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Now i am just lost.

Ignore it. it had nothing to do with anything.

Sorry, it's a quote from the show Doctor Who, a play on joelthezombie15's title . whom i might add seems to be a bit unenthusiastic! :P

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

Also question for The doctor, i can see that you are 16, from your bio as well as i am 17, i was curious as to when is this build going to be completed? It seems extremely amazing, but also very,very costly atleast 200+. and not to debunk your dream, but your 16 ATM and have no form of income correct? how do you plan of acquiring the money?

hope i didn't insult you, BTW brilliant build

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

You peole in States have so many ways of working/gaining money at 16/17, i am 17 in Romania, and here you can't work s*** at this age unless you work for Mcd. And payed jobs? No freaking way, you gotta work as internships, no payment.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Also question for The doctor, i can see that you are 16, from your bio as well as i am 17, i was curious as to when is this build going to be completed? It seems extremely amazing, but also very,very costly atleast 200+. and not to debunk your dream, but your 16 ATM and have no form of income correct? how do you plan of acquiring the money?

hope i didn't insult you, BTW brilliant build

I have plans, it will take up to a year though as i am planning a desk too. and it is $3000 give or take. but yes it will be a while.  

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Next summer I get to work in IT so that is where I may get some decent money, but it will be more of an internship.

What I would do, is put a 6-core CPU, even the Ivy Bridge-E, but with that think in LGA2011, you could buy the 2600k and then wait for Haswell-E, isn't that a nice idea ??  :D

If he is just gaming then he doesn't need lga 2011.

I'm confused what gpu are you going to use?

ATM moment I think he is using the 7990 since it comes with 8 games and is $900. 

I'm confused what gpu are you going to use?

i am just as confused but i think titan because i would like 7990 but my monitor that i got from my parents doesnt have display port or dvi and i dont like converters as i think they add some lag

What I would do, is put a 6-core CPU, even the Ivy Bridge-E, but with that think in LGA2011, you could buy the 2600k and then wait for Haswell-E, isn't that a nice idea ??  :D

Seeing as how im gaming that is a utter waste of money.

If he is just gaming then he doesn't need lga 2011.

Exactly

ATM moment I think he is using the 7990 since it comes with 8 games and is $900. 

No i think i changed my mind... again titan is the way im going for reasons you can see above.

No i think i changed my mind... again titan is the way im going for reasons you can see above.

I would still get the GTX 780 if you are using a 1080p screen.

I would still get the GTX 780 if you are using a 1080p screen.

Well i plan on upgrading a little later. to a nicer display but my parents got me my current monitor and they would be angry if i got a different one.so i will wait a year or so and get a nice one. depending on pricing maybe a 4k one

Well i plan on upgrading a little later. to a nicer display but my parents got me my current monitor and they would be angry if i got a different one.so i will wait a year or so and get a nice one. depending on pricing maybe a 4k one

Ok  :)

You're awesome, "The Doctor".

Thanks but please, this is about my build if you want to do that PM me or something :p 

You got an awesome build I'm really loving the 780's that must pack some power ;) 

You got an awesome build I'm really loving the 780's that must pack some power ;)

Its been changed to titan and thanks

Its been changed to titan and thanks

Awesome how did you come up with the money.

Awesome how did you come up with the money.

I havent yet. still saving up

I havent yet. still saving up

lol Joel's build log coming to thread near you when Half life 3 comes out.

lol Joel's build log coming to thread near you when Half life 3 comes out.

Lol. HEY (are we talking fan made or official?)

Lol. HEY (are we talking fan made or official?)

Official of course why not wait for a long time to build a computer your laptop can play all the games out now anyways.  :P

Official of course why not wait for a long time to build a computer your laptop can play all the games out now anyways.  :P

My laptop cant even play minecraft decently.