New phone that is not windows phone

frozeefrank

Hello,

I have a Nokia Lumia 610 for about 3 years now and it works like a charm. Battery life is very long, the phone is plenty for what I need and the OS is amazing, anyway it's perfect but...

It uses Zune software to transfer files, add or delete stuff from it and Zune, for some reason, doesn't work on my 3 computers. I have it installed on W7 x32 , W7 x64 and Winodws 8.1. On all of them it just doesn't work, keeps crashing, or just doesn't open.

The point of this is, I want a new phone. Since the only thing is use my phone for is calling, receive calls, send and receive sms and looking at my emails I don't need a galaxy phone.

I want something that has:

-about the same size as a Lumia 610 (2.5inch wide x 4.75 long)

-Long batery life

-Phone management is completely independent from a software

-Micro SD slot

Thank you for your time.

--snip--

Thank you for your time.

iphone 6 + no just kidding maybe the htc one m8 or motox

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

@frozeefrank iPhone 5C (or 6 if you can spend). I just did the Windows Phone to iPhone transition and it's pretty seamless. Though fails if you need MicroSD.

Windows Phone to Android isn't as smooth, but Sony Zperia, HTC One M8 are good option, the M8 is gorgeous beyond compare.

Though newer Windows Phones don't require Zune software - I used the Lumia 925 for about 9 months (but the build quality was f**king shi!t, the screen can rotate 360 degrees) and never touched Zune. Though it was a problem on my old WP7 phone.

The Nokia Lumia 930 looks like an exceptional phone from the 2 days I've spent using it.

budget? maybe a moto g 2014?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

@frozeefrank iPhone 5C (or 6 if you can spend). I just did the Windows Phone to iPhone transition and it's pretty seamless. Though fails if you need MicroSD.

Windows Phone to Android isn't as smooth, but Sony Zperia, HTC One M8 are good option, the M8 is gorgeous beyond compare.

Though newer Windows Phones don't require Zune software - I used the Lumia 925 for about 9 months (but the build quality was f**king shi!t, the screen can rotate 360 degrees) and never touched Zune. Though it was a problem on my old WP7 phone.

The Nokia Lumia 930 looks like an exceptional phone from the 2 days I've spent using it.

I will not, ever buy and IPhone. I am very comftable with any Mobile OS. If you say that the new windows phone don't require Zune, that could be a very good option for me. Thank you

top 300$CAN.

the moto g is a great option then its 250

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

the moto g is a great option then its 250

alright, I'll check it out. Thank you

I will not, ever buy and IPhone. I am very comftable with any Mobile OS. If you say that the new windows phone don't require Zune, that could be a very good option for me. Thank you

I got a Lumia 920 for the past year and a few months, it doesn't require Zune, you just plug it and it opens up as folders and allows sync. Some other features are available for it in windows 8.1 but nothing drastic. It works great, overall superb phone but mine has reached it's limit and will be replaced soon. The headphone jack is starting to cause problems, the proximity sensor died and the battery life is just horrible (fault of it's small battery). Might be going back to pure Android (Nexus line or Motorola), haven't figured it out yet. :)

If you're happy with your current phone you could just get a micro SD to usb adapter and transfer any files directly onto the SD card^^

Other than that i can happily reccomend the Samsung Galaxy Express 2. It's a good phone for what you want to use it for 

And it's just a matter of plugging it into your pc and it just works. No extra software needed + It's at a good price point

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I got a Lumia 920 for the past year and a few months, it doesn't require Zune, you just plug it and it opens up as folders and allows sync. Some other features are available for it in windows 8.1 but nothing drastic. It works great, overall superb phone but mine has reached it's limit and will be replaced soon. The headphone jack is starting to cause problems, the proximity sensor died and the battery life is just horrible (fault of it's small battery). Might be going back to pure Android (Nexus line or Motorola), haven't figured it out yet. :)

Thank you for the info. I'm surprised to see that a Nokia phone is having problem at all. I've had mine for over 3 years now and it works perfectly. Went into the washing and drying machine several times, droped from a second floor on a concrete block and didn't even shut down. It's like a tank.

If you're happy with your current phone you could just get a micro SD to usb adapter and transfer any files directly onto the SD card^^

Lumia 610 Doesn't have Micro SD card

Thank you for the info. I'm surprised to see that a Nokia phone is having problem at all. I've had mine for over 3 years now and it works perfectly. Went into the washing and drying machine several times, droped from a second floor on a concrete block and didn't even shut down. It's like a tank.

Lumia 610 Doesn't have Micro SD card

Ah.. My bad. I haven't used a nokia phone since the 5500 sport xD (and im not that into phones)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It's most likely my fault, it's been dropped a few times with no damage (it has a case), I fixed the headphone jack and it seems to be fixed for now (it's been a week) and the proximity sensor, well... I'm not sure it's dead, since the phone is in developer mode and it is running the latest version of windows phone from MS, not from Nokia so that might be the problem. I've been thinking of doing a hard reset, but too much data on it and I'm too lazy! :D

On the positive side, the OS hasn't crashed or stalled not even once, 0 dropped phone calls and it's just amazing in the software department. Except that some apps like Viber drain the battery within an hour or two of active use... -_-

It's most likely my fault, it's been dropped a few times with no damage (it has a case), I fixed the headphone jack and it seems to be fixed for now (it's been a week) and the proximity sensor, well... I'm not sure it's dead, since the phone is in developer mode and it is running the latest version of windows phone from MS, not from Nokia so that might be the problem. I've been thinking of doing a hard reset, but too much data on it and I'm too lazy! :D

On the positive side, the OS hasn't crashed or stalled not even once, 0 dropped phone calls and it's just amazing in the software department. Except that some apps like Viber drain the battery within an hour or two of active use... -_-

Only apps I use are audio analysis tools like RTA or DBSPL meter nothing else.