Surface Pro 2 always boots to bios

Mexxim

Hello everyone,

i have a problem with my surface pro 2. it always boots into the bios when i start it from "cold"

I made a video if it so you can see the issue.

does anybody know how to fix this?

thanks in advance!

My System: AsRock Z77 Extreme4-m, Intel Core i5 2500K @4 Ghz, 8 GB of RAM, ASUS GTX 970(4GB)

1 TB of SSD Storage, BeQuiet Pure Power 730W PSU - All stuffed in a Corsair Obsidian 350D

Hold Shift while tapping Restart in the Power menu.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Hold Shift while tapping Restart in the Power menu.

this opens a blue menu. what should i do there?

My System: AsRock Z77 Extreme4-m, Intel Core i5 2500K @4 Ghz, 8 GB of RAM, ASUS GTX 970(4GB)

1 TB of SSD Storage, BeQuiet Pure Power 730W PSU - All stuffed in a Corsair Obsidian 350D

this opens a blue menu. what should i do there?

What options do you have? I forgot what it looks like.

What options do you have? I forgot what it looks like.

it says something along the lines of. "continue", " use a device" , Troubleshooting" and "shut down pc"

had to translate from german so i am not 100% sure what all these are in english

it says something along the lines of. "continue", " use a device" , Troubleshooting" and "shut down pc"

had to translate from german so i am not 100% sure what all these are in english

Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options.

Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options.

Ok from there i got quite a selection. "system recovery", systemimage-recovery" Start-help", "Prompt", UEFI_Firmware options" and "startoptions"

yep tryed that. this does do nothing apart from turning my boot screen red

And sorry for double-posting. Didn't see the other response in time

Ok from there i got quite a selection. "system recovery", systemimage-recovery" Start-help", "Prompt", UEFI_Firmware options" and "startoptions"

UEFI Firmware Options.

UEFI Firmware Options.

When i choose this it asks me to restart my surface. And when i do this it restarts and then i see the same image as it is in the video that i postet in my original post...

When i choose this it asks me to restart my surface. And when i do this it restarts and then i see the same image as it is in the video that i postet in my original post...

What options do you have here? I couldn't quite see them in the video.

What options do you have here? I couldn't quite see them in the video.

I can enable/disable the tpm, enable/disable the secure boot control. Aswell as install and delete secure boot keys.

Ok to fix this problem do the following:

-> In Windows 8, search for "Change Windows To Go Startup option", and open it.

-> A panel will open, on it, you have a Yea/No option. Click on No, and then on "Save changes"

-> Now, restart your system.

Does that help?

If not,m you can do a full shutdown of the system. You do this by shutting down the system normally. Then you press and hold the volume Up button and power button, you keep holding both until the system powers on, and powers off on you. Then power on like normal.

Ok to fix this problem do the following:

-> In Windows 8, search for "Change Windows To Go Startup option", and open it.

-> A panel will open, on it, you have a Yea/No option. Click on No, and then on "Save changes"

-> Now, restart your system.

Does that help?

If not,m you can do a full shutdown of the system. You do this by shutting down the system normally. Then you press and hold the volume Up button and power button, you keep holding both until the system powers on, and powers off on you. Then power on like normal.

It was already checked with "no". i contacted the Microsoft support and they said they will replace my device for a new one. Seems to be a non software Problem....

It was already checked with "no". i contacted the Microsoft support and they said they will replace my device for a new one. Seems to be a non software Problem....

A new one? I think they mean refurbished (unless the laws in Germany forces manufactures to give a new one).

Well as you'll be shipping the device to Microsoft, do a system recycle (that means full format, and re-install from built-in image), to remove all private data, and also it will confirm that the problem is not at a software level. In any case you'll be doing this, is what I am saying.

A new one? I think they mean refurbished (unless the laws in Germany forces manufactures to give a new one).

Well as you'll be shipping the device to Microsoft, do a system recycle (that means full format, and re-install from built-in image), to remove all private data, and also it will confirm that the problem is not at a software level. In any case you'll be doing this, is what I am saying.

Well i am not that familiar with the law but i think if they sell me a refurbished one as "new" they have to label this. It's a retailer similar to NCIX for example. I don't think they srew this over.

However i contacted them to see whether they take it back or whether i have to send to microsoft.