Are these normal Read/Write speeds for my SSD?

Tro
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

I don't really know what's normal, is this good?:

Thanks

Hey there Tro,

On your AS-SSD benchmark "pciide - BAD" means that you are in IDE mode. That is why your performance is slow. Change the SATA mode to AHCI of the port your drive is connected to. You cannot change SATA modes after Windows installation without editing the Windows Registry file. Also, check your MOBO's manual and make sure the SSD is plugged in a SATA 6 Gb/s port (this way you might avoid removing your GPU). Also I would update all drivers, firmware and get the latest Windows updates.

Hope this resolves your issue. Hit me up if you need help with editing the Windows Registry or something else :)

Captain_WD.

Thanks

post-18844-0-69505000-1412767822.png

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They're a bit on the slower side when it comes to SSDs, from my experience.

Something like this happened to me as well, on a Samsung 840 EVO, where for some time the performance was absolute crap, but it got fixed somehow..

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

They're a bit on the slower side when it comes to SSDs, from my experience.

Something like this happened to me as well, on a Samsung 840 EVO, where for some time the performance was absolute crap, but it got fixed somehow..

Do you remember changing anything? If not, i'll just wait and check back in a month or so and see if it's better.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

No, i have the same exact drive and my reads were ~500MB/s. Ill rerun the test later today amd give you my results

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

520/300 on my mx100, I'm not sure why yours is considerably slower.

Are you using sata 2?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

520/300 on my mx100, I'm not sure why yours is considerably slower.

Are you using sata 2?

I'm not sure which sata port i'm using, i just put it in the top one... I'll check which one later, the sata connectors are underneath my GPU so i'd have to remove it :P

Do you remember changing anything? If not, i'll just wait and check back in a month or so and see if it's better.

I tried changing some things in Samsung's Magician software, but it didn't fix anything, and Crucial doesn't have an application for their SSDs from what I know anyway...

It ran slow for a few weeks, still don't know why..

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I'm not sure which sata port i'm using, i just put it in the top one... I'll check which one later, the sata connectors are underneath my GPU so i'd have to remove it :P

also check you are in ACHI not IDE mode in the bios

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

heres mine. and i just noticed you are using a different benchmark tool, try using CrystalDiskMark and see what you get

post-5552-0-12896600-1412768374.png

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Thanks

Hey there Tro,

On your AS-SSD benchmark "pciide - BAD" means that you are in IDE mode. That is why your performance is slow. Change the SATA mode to AHCI of the port your drive is connected to. You cannot change SATA modes after Windows installation without editing the Windows Registry file. Also, check your MOBO's manual and make sure the SSD is plugged in a SATA 6 Gb/s port (this way you might avoid removing your GPU). Also I would update all drivers, firmware and get the latest Windows updates.

Hope this resolves your issue. Hit me up if you need help with editing the Windows Registry or something else :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/