Insurgency keeps crashing.... why

Insurgency crashes for me a lot.. sometimes i can play for an hour before it crashes, and sometimes only 5 minutes.  I thought my graphics card(xfx r9 290) might be overheating or something, but the highest it got while I was playing was 81 degrees.  I don't know whats wrong.... system specs are in my signature and on my profile if they would help

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

Does it crash when you alt+tab? That is the only time it crashes for me. Also maybe re-install Insurgency, that could possibly fix it.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Does it crash when you alt+tab? That is the only time it crashes for me. Also maybe re-install Insurgency, that could possibly fix it.

no, it just crashes randomly while in the game.. i tried updating and other things, but it's still crashing.  

Do you think it could have anything to do with the fact that I'm playing with three monitors?

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

no, it just crashes randomly while in the game.. i tried updating and other things, but it's still crashing.  

Do you think it could have anything to do with the fact that I'm playing with three monitors?

I don't have experience with that but it wouldn't surprise me it is causes the issue. Try to put the resolution on 1920x1080 or something like that.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

verify integrity of the cache in steam

try borderless windowed mode

-nominidumps in set launch options

verify integrity of the cache in steam

try borderless windowed mode

-nominidumps in set launch options

I tried the first one already, and it didn't work.  I'll try the other things after school today

Well I had also issues with the R9 290 from Gigabyte. I used Displayport and HDMI. If I plugged in DVI it gave me a insta bluescreen of death. Driver issue -.-

Well I tried a lot drivers(14.4 very stable) and I have to mention I had two of the cards. All 2 defective. I also got a very annoying noise(2 audio sources such as TS and the game) with my G930 after installing these cards.

Insurgency ran but after some mins (around10 most times btw used 3 screens) I got blackscreens. Also happend in other games. Some people say it will help to downclock the card 100mhz in baseclock.

This should add more stability maybe thats a possible fix for now. The memory works fine as far as I know(all 2 types).  

I would try that. And maybe use different cables for PCIe connector and not such a 8-6pin one(if the XFX version has the connections for this). This Could be related to a power issue. I read the Voltage is very unstable on some 290's and the card just stops then.

I switched to Nvidia since I had only issues with the 290's. 

I hope I had something usefull.

MfG Legion495

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.