How to remove OS without losing all files ? Is it possible ?

Dive5885

Is it possible or am I just dreaming it is...

I am Installing windows 7 on my new WD Raptor but I don't want to have to Reinstall everything again.

The struggle is real..

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

You can use software to recopy the OS over to the new HDD. I think you can also make an recovery back-up and then when you re-install windows you can use the recovery backup to bring all your files and applications over.

files as in documents, or software?

software will have to be re-installed because of registry files and dependencies.

documents should just be copied to the new drive.

or you can clone your current drive onto the WD Raptor and keep all files, software and the OS.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

You can move files like your documents or pictures to a separate drive to save them.

You cannot move any software to your new OS. All programs will need to be reinstalled.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

files as in documents, or software?

software will have to be re-installed because of registry files and dependencies.

documents should just be copied to the new drive.

or you can clone your current drive onto the WD Raptor and keep all files, software and the OS

I should of mentioned the Raptor is only for Windows and nothing else.

I was hoping I can some how just delete windows off of my WD Green and just keep all my software and games.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

You can move files like your documents or pictures to a separate drive to save them.

You cannot move any software to your new OS. All programs will need to be reinstalled.

My WD Green right now has my OS and Software on it.

So my main concern is if its possible to delete windows off the WD Green but keep all my software on it.

I was hoping I can some how just delete windows off of my WD Green and just keep all my software and games.

no.

you can keep documents, but software will need to be re-installed.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

no.

you can keep documents, but software will need to be re-installed.

Fantastic.

Thanks!

Do you have both the old and the new drive? You could just clone the old one to the new drive and have an exact copy of it, which should work.

(Edit: I read over it, someone mentioned this already. My bad.)

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

If your games are all on steam, Linus as a video on how you can save all those games. If you just move the steam folder to the knew harddrive, you can keep all your games without redownloading them

If your games are all on steam, Linus as a video on how you can save all those games. If you just move the steam folder to the knew harddrive, you can keep all your games without redownloading them

Lol its a little to late.

Already got everything Reinstalled and running!