NZXT Kraken X61 or Swiftech H220-X ?

Performance wise the X61 wins by a tiny bit. 

However the 220x can be expanded and stuff.

Also there is the 240x and I'm sure it will beat the X61. 

Performance wise the X61 wins by a tiny bit. 

However the 220x can be expanded and stuff.

Also there is the 240x and I'm sure it will beat the X61. 

I see. Thanks! Also, what do you mean by saying ''It can be expanded'' does that mean that I can buy some waterblocks for two of my GTX 980 and add them to the loop, or would the cooler not take that much?

I see. Thanks! Also, what do you mean by saying ''It can be expanded'' does that mean that I can buy some waterblocks for two of my GTX 980 and add them to the loop, or would the cooler not take that much?

Dual 980s and a CPU would be a bit much. If you go that route you should get an extra rad along side. 

Dual 980s and a CPU would be a bit much. If you go that route you should get an extra rad along side. 

I am not good with computer components, well... not with the cooling part :) mind adding me on skype and giving me some advice on which RAD to buy and whatnot? skype: pain28091

I am not good with computer components, well... not with the cooling part :) mind adding me on skype and giving me some advice on which RAD to buy and whatnot? skype: pain28091

I actually don't have a Skype account. :/ But If you tell me what case you're/ will be using I can recommend you a rad. 

I actually don't have a Skype account. :/ But If you tell me what case you're/ will be using I can recommend you a rad. 

It's okay... umm... Corsair Graphite 760t     I removed the hard drive cages since I will have four 1tb Samsung SSDs 

The basic specs: i7 4790K

Asus Maximus VII Formula

GTX 980 SLI

It's okay... umm... Corsair Graphite 760t     I removed the hard drive cages since I will have four 1tb Samsung SSDs 

The basic specs: i7 4790K

Asus Maximus VII Formula

GTX 980 SLI

An alphacool UT 60 280mm rad in the front will be good. 

An alphacool UT 60 280mm rad in the front will be good. 

Splendid! Should I also get some of those grey or black Noctua fans for both rads? if so, shall they be normal fans or High Static Pressure fans and if so, how do I know which one is which?

Splendid! Should I also get some of those grey or black Noctua fans for both rads? if so, shall they be normal fans or High Static Pressure fans and if so, how do I know which one is which?

Two Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 120mm for the H220x and two Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 140mm for the UT60 and then you're golden. 

Two Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 120mm for the H220x and two Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 140mm for the UT60 and then you're golden. 

I was interested in the 240x :) sorry for the misunderstanding

So I guess that I use the same rad with same fans, but just find two fans for the 240x. Are you sure that it is enough to cool the GTX 980 SLI as well as the CPU?

So I guess that I use the same rad with same fans, but just find two fans for the 240x. Are you sure that it is enough to cool the GTX 980 SLI as well as the CPU?

Yep a H240X and a UT60 280mm rad will be plenty. 

UPS just delivered my H240-X today.It shall replace my H100i.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

UPS just delivered my H240-X today.It shall replace my H100i.

Show us your rig mate :3

Yep a H240X and a UT60 280mm rad will be plenty. 

Lucky I checked this thread because that was exactly the question I was about to post

I'm ordering my H240-X now, and then once I get through the next couple of months (Pax followed by Christmas makes spending money easy, but not in a good way), work through holiday season and have a heap of spare cash, I'll probably replace my graphics cards and get a 280 UT60, maybe a slim 140, noctua fans, etc. And some nice fittings and hard tubing

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Lucky I checked this thread because that was exactly the question I was about to post

I'm ordering my H240-X now, and then once I get through the next couple of months (Pax followed by Christmas makes spending money easy, but not in a good way), work through holiday season and have a heap of spare cash, I'll probably replace my graphics cards and get a 280 UT60, maybe a slim 140, noctua fans, etc. And some nice fittings and hard tubing

A slim 140mm will not add a lot of cooling and it will be a tubing nightmare. 

A slim 140mm will not add a lot of cooling and it will be a tubing nightmare. 

Cool, I just saved $45 :P

Now my last question. What do you think oh Phanteks PH-SP140s for use with radiators. I had 5 of them sitting around (Don't ask) which recently went into my H440. Should I just use those, or do you reckon swap them out for something else

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Cool, I just saved $45 :P

Now my last question. What do you think oh Phanteks PH-SP140s for use with radiators. I had 5 of them sitting around (Don't ask) which recently went into my H440. Should I just use those, or do you reckon swap them out for something else

They are good fans. Not the best on the market but pretty damn decent. Use them. 

They are good fans. Not the best on the market but pretty damn decent. Use them. 

Good to know. If money permits I'll still swap them for Noctua Industrial fans. Just need a pwm hub for these things right now, at max speeds they're kinda loud :( That was like, the one thing I couldn't salvage from my primo

Show us your rig mate :3

Here you go.........

post-6091-0-58960200-1412699166_thumb.jp 5960X with H240-X

post-6091-0-34981600-1412699255_thumb.jp

4790k with R9-295X2/R9 290X Tri-fire

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know. If money permits I'll still swap them for Noctua Industrial fans. Just need a pwm hub for these things right now, at max speeds they're kinda loud :( That was like, the one thing I couldn't salvage from my primo

The H240-X inclueds a PWM fan hub with 8 ports. The hub only reads the RPM of whatever is connected to the red port though, and then controls all 8 ports based on that reading.