So, Styx: Master of Shadows is a game. It comes out this week.

dlf

Launch Trailer (really good trailer):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRn6tVq1Seg

Gameplay Demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmBUHoVHsIc

It's a a third-person stealth game for PC/PS4/XBO. I've never heard about this game until tonight. How did this fly under my radar? It looks great!

Does the goblins voice sound like Stephen Russell? Seems to for me.

Looks interesting but i don't wanna play as a fugly goblin.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

It's actually oh so damn good! It feels and plays like mix between the original thief games and some Hitman. I've gotten 11 hours into it so far, and I'm still far away from actually fully finishing it.

The Goblin difficulty is what everyone needs to play, you can't fight head on, or parry attacks, and stealth is key, with killing only being a last resort, unless it's an objective.

Embargo is up today, so here are some screenshots. Note: My early copy was locked at 62 FPS, it might be there on release today as well as I've not gotten any updates yet.

The game runs the Unreal 3 engine, looks rather nice. Although textures could be better, i suspect they're only 1080p ones, and those with the FPS lock are down to the consoles. Gameplay with 21:9 aspect ratio is fantastic, and it support it brilliantly, no fiddling with configs needed. Sadly all cutscenes are rendered at 16:9, so you'll get pillar boxing on 21:9, or multi monitor setups.

FeT0YG1.png

SkQOrBd.png

ywq0sYq.png

B8hLzzZ.png

SXCm7Rn.png

JqxP2Wz.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Some more screenshot, both early mid and rather later on gameplay.

6uDHc3e.png

roecDwJ.png

2QNg37Q.png

DzhciQ0.png

eUCvyqj.png

6koKeET.png

pwzJGjb.png

aASs6sr.png

C5iHd44.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q