i5 4690k bottlenecking

Hey guys, i was wondering if the Intel i5 4690k would bottleneck 2 reference gtx 980's in sli. Im using the Msi Mpower motherboard (Not the max one). Please try to explain in simple terms because i struggle to understand how pci lanes works. Thanks!!!!

I highly doubt it will bottleneck it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Definately not, that CPU runs like a beast, maybe with 3 it will start to bottleneck a bit.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Hey guys, i was wondering if the Intel i5 4690k would bottleneck 2 reference gtx 980's in sli. Im using the Msi Mpower motherboard (Not the max one). Please try to explain in simple terms because i struggle to understand how pci lanes works. Thanks!!!!

You're going to have to give more information, such as what games you're playing. 

That being said, I'd say that it's highly unlikely the 4690K is bottlenecking.  GPUs these days are holding back higher framerates.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

Nah man 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Nope   :mellow:

Definately not, that CPU runs like a beast, maybe with 3 it will start to bottleneck a bit.

I highly doubt it will bottleneck it.

You're going to have to give more information, such as what games you're playing. 

That being said, I'd say that it's highly unlikely the 4690K is bottlenecking.  GPUs these days are holding back higher framerates.

Nah man 

Awesome thanks for the fast replies!

at some point it will yes.

But that highly depends on the game, and resolution you play aswell.

But it wont be realy noticable.

I would say no if you are overclocking to the neighborhood of 4.5ghz. At that speed I don't think it's possible to bottleneck that processor. 

Im not sure it will be much of a issue.

and about pci-e lanes,., I looked over the cpu and found this

PCI Express Configurations Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8/2x4 Max # of PCI Express Lanes

This would mean you have total of 16x pci-lanes usable

so two cards would run 8/8 this will be not bottlenecking and will not affect fps .. look over this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rctaLgK5stA&list=UUXuqSBlHAE6Xw-yeJA0Tunw

If you play at 1080P on low detail settings and are shooting for like 250 fps, then yes.

If you are playing at like 1440P or 4K or on ultra settings and are aiming for 60-120 fps, then probably not.

Higher framerate = more CPU load (this is why in a lot of CPU reviews they game at like 720P or 640x480)

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W