Corsair shows Air 540D

so what your saying is, he's explaining the features of the case he's showing off. What a brilliant observation.

No I'm saying they never give a good look at the case.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

From Newegg's Corsair and Intel OC event video and several tech sites it's a Carbide series Case not Obsidian so just Carbide Air 540 (no D), which makes more sense considering the design. Also later on he says "The Obsidian family requires actual aluminium".

This case angers me in ways I cannot describe properly on this board due to moderation.  

It angers me because I want one.  I just replaced my freaking HAF XB with an arc midi r2 and now i see this,  and the price,  its not expensive...... and I want it.  

I like it a lot, if I was upgrading my case soon I would consider it.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Not really digging it.  Not for me.  Now if Corsair comes up with an update to the 650D to bring it along the lines of the 350D and 900D, then I'd be all over it. :)

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

This is a very unique cubical case that Corsair has made. Love that they hid the psu and the hard drives in the back to get a very clean look at the build.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I love the idea of this case and was very impressed when I first saw it, but I have my concerns about the 5.25" bays. If you put an ODD in there, the disc is going to fall out of the tray any time you attempt to insert one or remove one. Secondly, any other 5.25" devices are going to look very unsightly mounted that way.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

well clearly the entire front is plastic which i have no problem with but damn did you guys see the 330R? that thing is also very sexy....and the door looks like brushed aluminium!

had me until the ODD side of the front fascia.. *fell a sleep*

airdeano

I like the idea of hiding parts in another compartment, but the lack of airflow and the ability to mount radiators in the back defeats the purpose of this case IMO, and I really don't like the aesthetics with all the grey plastic and it does not look elegant at all unlike the rest of the series, I don't think it's worthy of the Obsidian name :(.

It would have been a much better idea IMO had they kept the aesthetics similar to the 350D but doubled the width and moved the PSU and drive bays to the other partition while also allowing radiators to be mounted and tubes routed to the front and a full size ATX motherboard should fit comfortably, that is where CL got it right and Corsair didn't.

It's a Carbide Series case, as far as I've heard. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I think it definitely has potential as an awesome water cooling case , where will you be putting the reservoirs?

Now I don't really like Corair cases but this thing is pretty beautiful, what are your thoughts and opinions?

Agreed, this is the first likable Corsair case in a long ass time, it has no brushed aluminium which means it's not going to soak up every fingerprint in the world and the design is pretty nice. I might actually buy this one eventually.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's a Carbide Series case, as far as I've heard.

Yeah but the name of the Thread says 540D, the "D" shows that it's an Obsidian case (which it isn't), TP got their name wrong :P, 

Yeah but the name of the Thread says 540D, the "D" shows that it's an Obsidian case (which it isn't), TP got their name wrong :P, 

I highly doubt the "D" is exclusive (lol) to Obsidian series. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I highly doubt the "D" is exclusive (lol) to Obsidian series.

It is :).

Also TP is the only site which has added the D and even the product manager called it just "Carbide Series Air 540" in the video I posted earlier.

I really do not like the aestics of the case, but it is a good idea

Do want, but its massive tho. this or NZXT H630m MAJOR DECIDING PROBLEM AHOY