Push/pull vs push or pull on H50 with Noctua NF-P12's

cosmo

I remember in a video Linus fairly clearly stated that it was fairly pointless for him to add 2 more NF-P12's to his H100 as they already create enough pressure so adding another wouldn't do anything.

I'm about to upgrade the fans on my H50, should I get one or two NF-P12's?

The H50 is a very thin radiator. You wont benefit with adding the second fan on it. I would stick with one.

The H50 is a very thin radiator. You wont benefit with adding the second fan on it. I would stick with one.
Completely Agree.

It's not as if it won't help, the amount it does will vary per cooler but it most circumstances it's only marginally cooler but will sacrifice a significant amount of silence. So I'd recommend getting just one fan. By the way just so you know your fan upgrade should affect performance much from the stock fan other than making it much more quiet.

Yeah i have 2 prolimatech fans on my rad and the difference for me on one or two is like 3 degrees. But I also have mine undervolted a little so it might drop a degree at full speed..

thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll just stick with one.

I remember in a video Linus fairly clearly stated that it was fairly pointless for him to add 2 more NF-P12's to his H100 as they already create enough pressure so adding another wouldn't do anything. I'm about to upgrade the fans on my H50' date=' should I get one or two NF-P12's? [/quote']

why are you posting in air-cooling?

they create enough pressure to satisfy the thinner radiator for his application. but adding fans can

lower the temps.. but it depends on your setup. there is no "cookie-cutter" recipe for all builds

wasn't it NF-F12 not P12 fans? because the P12 is fairly OK in pressure, and fin density of the H100

is crowded. so either excessive high-speed fan or high static pressure can cure the density issue.

you got to understand the build, parts and what "forces" are being used to make it all work

together.

airdeano