Static Noise in Games (Soundblaster Z)

chaoty

Hi everyone,

I had this problem for a week or so: Everytime i start a game i have static noise comming from my speakers AND the back of my case (i think it is the soundcard (creative soundblaster Z) itself). The games are Guild Wars 2, LoL, Path of Exile while its loudest in Guild Wars 2 and it changes if i move the Ingame camera around. its pretty stange. The statics are not effected by the windows or game volume. Even if i mute the hole system. 

Is anyone familliar with this probelm?

Greetings Chaoty

my Computer:

Intel 3570k

MSI 660ti PE

Asrock z77 Exxtreme4

8gb Corsair Vengence Ram

600W Corsair CX PSU

Windows 8

Have you tried re-installing the drivers for the sound card? Also take the card out of your PC, give it a clean etc. Check the PCI-E slot for dust. Make sure the power cable is connected properly if the card needs extra power. If you have done all of these things then I assume it is something wrong with the card its self. You will have to go through the Creative website and talk to a rep and see about getting an RMA. 

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster&subCatID=872&subCatName=Gaming&prodID=21402&prodName=Sound+Blaster+Z&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_21402,VARSET=CategoryID:1

So, i did some testing.

I found out, that it has something to do with my graphicscard, the noise is less loud if i turn the graphicsoptions down in all games. And if there is a framerate drop or a little lag the static noise is gone in the same moments.

could there be some interference between my 660ti and the soundblaster z?

what can i do against it?

greetings Chaoty

REALLY stupid question, but: are you sure it isn't the fans spinning that's causing the sound? Or any sort of vibration in the case? Otherwise I'm thinking a bad connection somewhere, or a faulty GPU.

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

no its the static noise is coming also coming from my speakers, bose companion 2 (if i turn the volume up on them and teh nois is also getting louder) and i can hear the same static noise in my headphones (sennheiser hd598)

i'll check the connections again now.

and what do you mean by faulty GPU?

fans are fine. (2 fractal 140mm in the front, 2 noctuas on my NH-D14 and my PSU)

that sounds like power noise.

try using the onboard sound and see if you get the same noise.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

hi,

my onboard sound is fine. no statics at all. I thought the soundblaster Z was well shielded....

not with that big acrylic window on it.

if they made it all metal, it might have some effect.

it could also be dirty pcie power.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

ok I've send back the soundblaster.

any suggestions for an alternative around 80-100$?

i'm thinking about getting a Fiio E07 andres or the Fiio E10 DAC.