ETS 2 Struggles

Shaqo_Wyn

Hey guys, I bought ETS 2 a few days ago and it's a nice game. Did some driving, didn't kill anyone but then I reached my destination and my question after failing a few times was: how do I park this b*tch. :P 

Anyone know any good guides or vids explaining how to park trailers in ETS 2. Still haven't found a good one on YT that helps me wrap my head around the whole idea of it. Or maybe you care to explain it to me?

Thanks! I wanna stop doing it wrong and pressing enter like a pussy.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I just press enter instead of attempt to park.

Oh yeah, and poking your head out of the window helps to park or reverse.

Compatible with Windows 95

Steer opposite in the direction you want the trailer to go. Identify with the back of the trailer to maneuver it.

I just look in the mirror... If you turn left, the trailer will go right and vice versa as @AlwaysFSX has explained. Good luck!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I just look in the mirror... If you turn left, the trailer will go right and vice versa as @AlwaysFSX has explained. Good luck!

Yes, that bit is clear but how much I turn left or right seems to be the problem. Also is this in all cases or when your truck and the trailer are aligned? Because sometimes the trailer doesn't do what I want it to do even when I'm providing the IMO correct input. Oh well, I guess it's just practices makes perfect. I did get a few trailers in today. :)

Thanks for the help guys!

Why back it up? If you get close enough can skip parking, with a loss of 40xp though. Unless it's ets 2 multiplayer, then it has to be parked.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Yes, that bit is clear but how much I turn left or right seems to be the problem. Also is this in all cases or when your truck and the trailer are aligned? Because sometimes the trailer doesn't do what I want it to do even when I'm providing the IMO correct input. Oh well, I guess it's just practices makes perfect. I did get a few trailers in today. :)

I'll record a commentary video and put it here just for you :)

Why back it up? If you get close enough can skip parking, with a loss of 40xp though. Unless it's ets 2 multiplayer, then it has to be parked.

I like simulators. I also like playing them as realistically as possible. That's why I wanna park em, even if it's not a big loss to press enter. I also use turns signals, drive at the speed limit and all that other good stuff. :P

I'm starting to get the hang of it now reversing in the cockpit. I parked successfully in 4/5 of the jobs I took yesterday. 

I'll record a commentary video and put it here just for you :)

Awesome! :D  Zac you DaMan!

I like simulators. I also like playing them as realistically as possible. That's why I wanna park em, even if it's not a big loss to press enter. I also use turns signals, drive at the speed limit and all that other good stuff. :P

I'm starting to get the hang of it now reversing in the cockpit. I parked successfully in 4/5 of the jobs I took yesterday. 

I drive from the cab, with a driving wheel and use signals, stop at intersections, look both ways. But there two things I don't do 1. follow speed limits 2. back up to park if unless I have to. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?