Anybody else thinks it's really cheap of Razer that they put a sub-1080p screen in their new 14" gaming laptop? I love Razer, I just feel it's a bit cheap. I'd love to hear your opinions. The horsepower is there (GTX 765M, Haswell i7) but I think it's stupid.RzrBlade14_14_crysis3.jpg

the best way to make the gpu run games maxed out at 60fps and staying thin and cool

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

its a 1600x900 screen, that is very close to 1080p.  Also its only a 14 inch screen, text can start to get pretty small on such small screens with full HD resolutions.  Also the slightly lowered resolution makes games that much easier to run on the laptop, meaning you can crank up details elsewhere.  I don't think its a big deal, its not a turn off to me.  If it were a 720p screen, that would be a different story!

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Cooling the laptop is a thing man.  Its a super thin form factor...  Also "medium-high" settings.  might as well be all medium, with particles and shaders on high.  What about the very high settings? Antisotropic filtering?  Anti-aliasing?

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

its a 1600x900 screen, that is very close to 1080p.  Also its only a 14 inch screen, text can start to get pretty small on such small screens with full HD resolutions.  Also the slightly lowered resolution makes games that much easier to run on the laptop, meaning you can crank up details elsewhere.  I don't think its a big deal, its not a turn off to me.  If it were a 720p screen, that would be a different story!

I think it would be a good option just to have configured, I mean it seems from the benchmarks I can see it can handle games pretty well at medium/high-ish settings.

Cooling the laptop is a thing man.  Its a super thin form factor...  Also "medium-high" settings.  might as well be all medium, with particles and shaders on high.  What about the very high settings? Antisotropic filtering?  Anti-aliasing?

It's not made to be maxed out in the first place.

TBH, it's not as much of a turn off for me as the $1800 price tag.

My laptop barely cost more than that, and it's running frigging SLI 680Ms!

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

I think it would be a good option just to have configured, I mean it seems from the benchmarks I can see it can handle games pretty well at medium/high-ish settings.

just remember though, on such a small display, you probably wouldn't notice the difference between 1600x900 and full 1080p.  This isnt a 23 inch monitor.

What laptop; It really is a stupid price tag. That's why I'm arguing 1080p :)

Its thin and light.  That is VERY attractive to someone such as myself.

just remember though, on such a small display, you probably wouldn't notice the difference between 1600x900 and full 1080p.  This isnt a 23 inch monitor.

That's true, but for the premium I pay it should feel more like a premium laptop.

Its thin and light.  That is VERY attractive to someone such as myself.

I agree that's nice, but I just don't feel like it justifies the price. Maybe I'm alone here, but if it were ~$1000-$1200 I'd seriously think about grabbing one because it could probably do everything I need it to. Nearly 2k though? Please...

EDIT: And AFAIK, that $1800 is for the 128gb model!

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

I agree that's nice, but I just don't feel like it justifies the price. Maybe I'm alone here, but if it were ~$1000-$1200 I'd seriously think about grabbing one because it could probably do everything I need it to. Nearly 2k though? Please...

EDIT: And AFAIK, that $1800 is for the 128gb model!

Yup, good point.

That's true, but for the premium I pay it should feel more like a premium laptop.

You have a point.  Not every laptop is a perfect match for everyone!  But i feel like this appeals to someone who will be doing a lot of traveling with their laptop.  Its very thin and very light, and has a decent battery life thanks to haswell. 

Personally i would never buy a gaming laptop because i already have a powerful desktop.  My ideal laptop is thin, light, and has good battery life.  It is also powerful, but doesnt necessarily have a gpu in it.  I am very excited for haswell ultrabooks!  HOWEVER, my friend has a HUGE, THICK, asus gaming notebook that he hates carrying around campus all day.  I reccommended this laptop to him last night because it doesnt weigh 8 lbs, it weighs just over 3.  Its extremly powerful, and i feel like he would really enjoy the experience that it would provide!

You have a point.  Not every laptop is a perfect match for everyone!  But i feel like this appeals to someone who will be doing a lot of traveling with their laptop.  Its very thin and very light, and has a decent battery life thanks to haswell. 

Personally i would never buy a gaming laptop because i already have a powerful desktop.  My ideal laptop is thin, light, and has good battery life.  It is also powerful, but doesnt necessarily have a gpu in it.  I am very excited for haswell ultrabooks!  HOWEVER, my friend has a HUGE, THICK, asus gaming notebook that he hates carrying around campus all day.  I reccommended this laptop to him last night because it doesnt weigh 8 lbs, it weighs just over 3.  Its extremly powerful, and i feel like he would really enjoy the experience that it would provide!

I've had a 15" "gaming" laptop before. Damn thing nearly sent me to the chiropractor. I can understand the form factor and respect it.

Maybe it was a compromise?

If it had a 1080p screen the battery life would be worse. To me, that's the only important thing; when I have it home and plugged in so I don't have to worry about battery, I would also have it connected to an external monitor (it has an HDMI port and the power to play at 1080p) but when I'm out somewhere I can deal with a slightly lower resolution (at least it's not 1366x768...) especially since I'm already on such a small screen. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd prefer the battery life over 20 more PPI.

... In theory, I don't exactly have the resources to test how much of a difference it makes.

If it had a 1080p screen the battery life would be worse. To me, that's the only important thing; when I have it home and plugged in so I don't have to worry about battery, I would also have it connected to an external monitor (it has an HDMI port and the power to play at 1080p) but when I'm out somewhere I can deal with a slightly lower resolution (at least it's not 1366x768...) especially since I'm already on such a small screen. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd prefer the battery life over 20 more PPI.

... In theory, I don't exactly have the resources to test how much of a difference it makes.

That makes A LOT of sense. I can see why they did this. I really enjoyed reading this.

I think for the price they should have put a better screen in it and made the user scale down the resolution for games. I was excited for it until I saw the screen resolution they decided to go with.

The razer blade IMO overall is:

1: overpriced

2: An Alienware alternative

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

I like it. If the screen is that small, I would only be able to tell the difference if they were right next to each other. The smaller amounts of pixels would result in more FPS, too.

I like the choice.