Why do people hate Apple so much?

ZestyJalapeno

Seriously, if I had a penny for every Apple-bashing tidbit on this forum I'd have more money than Apple Inc. itself. In the eyes of this forum (and most of all the internets) they can do no right.

Because we're humans and we need to complain. Plus they do just about everything wrong.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

It's because they over charge for products with worse specs and functionality than the competition, and to make matters worse insist and convince people otherwise. Their products aren't bad, you can just get better for less money.

Cause pc master race

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

i don't make fun of apple 
let's be honest guys if the same dump-with no brain customers were buying your stuff no matter what you would do the same 

i make fun of the owners 

most of us dont hate we just dont like the technology trends they push. and the incredible pompus view they seem to have of them selves

"No, we don't hate them, we just think they're pompous and we don't like the trends they push."

I honestly can't perceive a difference between the two but seeing as you haven't been here very long you'll learn soon enough that several people here do have a deeply set hatred for them. It's just sort of contagious among the other members. There's a good amount of ignorance and plain stupidity to. I could link every member here that hates Apple with a passion because I believe I've met all of them but I don't want to turn this into a massive flame war.

It's because they over charge for products with worse specs and functionality than the competition, and to make matters worse insist and convince people otherwise. Their products aren't bad, you can just get better for less money.

Putting your other claims aside, you blame them for convincing people to buy their products? Isn't that the goal of every for-profit company on the face of the planet?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Because honestly the Bendphone 6+ is too expensive for what it is, plus I vastly prefer Android OS over the iOS interface. Apple products are fine, but would I buy them? Nope. Not what I need or want.

Git Gud.

Seriously, if I had a penny for every Apple-bashing tidbit on this forum I'd have more money than Apple Inc. itself. In the eyes of this forum (and most of all the internets) they can do no right.

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;) in my sig you can find links to the CoC and the forum's F.A.Q. check them out!

There are plenty of threads on this precise question, there's no need the go THERE again. These threads have a huge destructive potential because people feel very strongly one way or another, and end up fighting. Please don't post these things.

I have seen just as many if not more people on the internet defending apple as opposed to bashing them. In this precise forum however the average member tends to be significantly more literate about tech than most other people on the web. That leads to very strong and radicated opinions because people actually know what they're talking about.

-edit-

-threads where this question was asked before:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179728-why-do-we-hate-apple/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/192067-why-do-people-hate-apple/

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Because they overprice their products, lock everything down, are taking things that already have existed for years and saying that they created the technology by throwing a fancy name on it.

Not to mention they build their phones out of shitty materials that break very easily. (Single drop and the entire phone basically shatters, where as other companies phones will withstand multiple drops with very little damage)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

"cool to like" also leads to "cool to hate"

about 70% of  the hater never used it before 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

They are good devices. Would get a macbook again. The phones are too expensive for my taste though

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I honestly don't mind Apple. I like the iPhone and iPad, and use them everyday. Infact, I prefer them over Android devices.

Apple uses cult indoctrination to market their products, which also happen to be overpriced. They also rely on immoral business practices in general, like exploiting a broken patent system to patent rounded corners.

I like their Macbook Air. Solid price for the form factor, except it needs a better res. 14nm broadwell and fanless design will be awesome to have.

The rest of their products I don't care about.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Why do we keep having these? Can't people just accept the fact that some people don't like Apple and some of those some don't like for the wrong reasons.

Putting your other claims aside, you blame them for convincing people to buy their products? Isn't that the goal of every for-profit company on the face of the planet?

Marketing is one thing, it's the pretentious way they make out their products are the best or are somehow more "innovative" that's the issue, without providing anything to prove that's the case because there usually isn't anything. Most companies advertise their products capabilities and present customers with what it can do for them - Apple advertise their products as a kind of fashion accessory with very little specifics on what it can and can't do (presumably because they're so inherently limited) and present customers with a view of how cool they'll be to own it, rather than convincing them of the device's usefulness. Apple have reached a point where they could produce almost anything and people would buy it because the Apple logo on it means it must be really awesome even if in reality it's average at best (but with a premium price tag).

Granted, you can't blame Apple for doing their best to sell their products so they're not entirely at fault for that but it's still annoying as a consumer to see obviously bullshit marketing on their part.

I have to spend ~30$ to replace my earbuds.  I do not like the fancy ones or headsets.

Because he had a hard drive.

Apple uses cult indoctrination to market their products, which also happen to be overpriced. They also rely on immoral business practices in general, like exploiting a broken patent system to patent rounded corners.

The rounded corners BS has got to stop. It's a fucking design patent, that's what design patents are for!

Granted, you can't blame Apple for doing their best to sell their products so they're not entirely at fault for that but it's still annoying as a consumer to see obviously bullshit marketing on their part.

Marketing is marketing. If it works it works. You can say marketing is immoral in general, but you're not allowed to say what kind of marketing a company is allowed to do. Apple isn't about specs, they're about the experience. You can always find very detailed spec sheets on apple.com. If you think they never advertise what a product can do for you then you've never seen an Apple ad because that's basically the only thing they do.

Also I can tell you right now that their stuff is not limited, their processors consistently beat the tar out of everything else year after year. 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I liked apple before jobs died, but since then, they're just trying to keep their company in a stable coma.

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! It dies with every release/with every mishap like #BendGate.

saying apple ist bad since jobs died is extremeley facettous but extremeley true at the same time.

who cares...

The rounded corners BS has got to stop. It's a fucking design patent, that's what design patents are for!

Rounded corners is not something that should be patentable in the first place, so they simply abused a broken patent system.

It's not a detailed design patent like eg. Coca Cola with their classic bottle shape. It's just rounded corners on a rectangle. That's what I call BS.

Because Apple are assholes. They fail to actually innovate. All they actually do is rename stuff that's already been invented and give them stupid names such as the "Time Machine" or "Time Capsule" or whatever the fuck which is just a glorified external HDD.

They also ask so much for so little. £800 or more for a cheaply constructed, under-powered phone with software that essentially rips off everything Android has done in 2012. As a matter of fact, all the iPhone 6 is, is a Nexus 4 just with Apple branding and colour scheme and whatnot.

As for their tablets, they've always been crap. iPad v1 had no camera and was expensive for what it was, iPad 2 was just expensive and crashed a lot while also having a rather poor display, iPad 3 was just an upgrade of the iPad 2's display with added overheating and worse battery life and I stopped caring from there.

Their iPod range was completely redundant with exception to their iPod classic which had a sufficient amount of storage. Why would you want to buy a device that does what an iPhone or other smartphone does without the capacity to call people? Because you already have a fucking phone, but your phone does what the iPod does so why is it needed?

Their Macs are infamous. Laptop level hardware on their desktops for extortionate and Damn near comical prices. Alongside their lack of upgradeability, their terrible peripherals and their software issues they really were and still are thousand dollar Facebook machines. Their Macbook airs are just mom laptops. Useless for everything but Facebook and watching dumb shit on YouTube. Their Macbook Pros are just more powerful and fatter Macbook airs but are still unsuitable for much else but word processing and browsing.

Worst of all their crimes are their poor value in comparison to their other competitors. Paying more for less and being less durable and functional at the same time. Their products are best suited to hipsters, moms and people who like buying flashy shit with half eating bullocks smeared on it.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Marketing is marketing. If it works it works. You can say marketing is immoral in general, but you're not allowed to say what kind of marketing a company is allowed to do. Apple isn't about specs, they're about the experience. You can always find very detailed spec sheets on apple.com. If you think they never advertise what a product can do for you then you've never seen an Apple ad because that's basically the only thing they do.

Also I can tell you right now that their stuff is not limited, their processors consistently beat the tar out of everything else year after year. 

Exactly, the poorly defined and completely subjective "experience" factor. The spec sheets are available but they're secondary to the "experience". Their ads don't tell me what the device can do, they just show a bunch of hipsters using the device in a variety of different (and usually completely inappropriate) settings in an attempt to make me say "gee, I wish I could have an iPad and use it to take pictures of waterfalls instead of using an actual camera!"

As for their processors "beating the tar" out of everything else, given that they use processors made by the same people as the competition uses only with inferior specs, I beg to differ. Apple products are worse in every objective measure compared to similarly priced competition; they aren't some magical separate device category using totally different hardware to everything else, no matter what Apple likes to think. Outside the mobile market they still use Intel chips just like other PCs, and up until recently the processors in their mobile devices were made by Samsung. Do you honestly think if Samsung was making something awesome for the iPhones they'd have neglected to put it in their own products?

Again, the products aren't bad they're just overpriced for what they are given that the competition is better and/or cheaper, using essentially identical hardware.

Because Apple are assholes. They fail to actually innovate. All they actually do is rename stuff that's already been invented and give them stupid names such as the "Time Machine" or "Time Capsule" or whatever the fuck which is just a glorified external HDD.

They also ask so much for so little. £800 or more for a cheaply constructed, under-powered phone with software that essentially rips off everything Android has done in 2012. As a matter of fact, all the iPhone 6 is, is a Nexus 4 just with Apple branding and colour scheme and whatnot.

As for their tablets, they've always been crap. iPad v1 had no camera and was expensive for what it was, iPad 2 was just expensive and crashed a lot while also having a rather poor display, iPad 3 was just an upgrade of the iPad 2's display with added overheating and worse battery life and I stopped caring from there.

Their iPod range was completely redundant with exception to their iPod classic which had a sufficient amount of storage. Why would you want to buy a device that does what an iPhone or other smartphone does without the capacity to call people? Because you already have a fucking phone, but your phone does what the iPod does so why is it needed?

Their Macs are infamous. Laptop level hardware on their desktops for extortionate and Damn near comical prices. Alongside their lack of upgradeability, their terrible peripherals and their software issues they really were and still are thousand dollar Facebook machines. Their Macbook airs are just mom laptops. Useless for everything but Facebook and watching dumb shit on YouTube. Their Macbook Pros are just more powerful and fatter Macbook airs but are still unsuitable for much else but word processing and browsing.

Worst of all their crimes are their poor value in comparison to their other competitors. Paying more for less and being less durable and functional at the same time. Their products are best suited to hipsters, moms and people who like buying flashy shit with half eating bullocks smeared on it.

Also, I would happily punch the shit out of Tim Cook until there's a hole going through his face. He's trying to hard to be Steve Jobs while failing horribly at being Steve Jobs. By the way his diversity bullocks can go fuck itself and die.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Its human nature to find something to hate about something or someone that other people like

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1