Just started to play dota 2...

SergioC120

I just downloaded the game to see why so many people like it ive never played mmos before any good advice?

Highly recommended for you to play through the tutorial to understand the basics, as well as practice vs bot. It will take time, depends on how quick you can learn the game. Once you've fluid with it, I'm sure you'll love it

Spoiler

Highly recommended for you to play through the tutorial to understand the basics, as well as practice vs bot. It will take time, depends on how quick you can learn the game. Once you've fluid with it, I'm sure you'll love it

thank thats what im doing right now which character do you think is a good one to start learning the game

Been playing it for a year now. Don't play a lot of MMOs but I have been playing dota since it was just a map mod

thank thats what im doing right now which character do you think is a good one to start learning the game

Any will do. Seriously

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

My favorite guide for starters hands down, of course you have to understand the basic things first. You can check Purge's contents later on, he's a very helpful person when it comes to teaching people in Dota 2, you can find his YouTube channel

Have fun playing !

Spoiler

Been playing it for a year now. Don't play a lot of MMOs but I have been playing dota since it was just a map mod

Any will do. Seriously

thanks im playing with razor... i think thats the name

thanks im playing with razor... i think thats the name

Sniper is very easy to play. And also easy to kill.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

My favorite guide for starters hands down, of course you have to understand the basic things first. You can check Purge's contents later on, he's a very helpful person when it comes to teaching people in Dota 2, you can find his YouTube channel

Have fun playing !

ill check that guide thanks

Sniper is very easy to play. And also easy to kill.

i did not like him on the tutorials

1. Pick the role that you like, and select proper hero for that role. Better if it's not really an item dependent hero. 

2. Watch a lot of competitive games with good commentators, i suggest subscribe to BeyondTheSummit, JoinDotaRed, GD Studio in Youtube/Twitch.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

i did not like him on the tutorials

He's quite noob-friendly actually, as long as you don't expose yourself vunerable to opponents.

1. Pick the role that you like, and select proper hero for that role. Better if it's not really an item dependent hero. 

2. Watch a lot of competitive games with good commentators, i suggest subscribe to BeyondTheSummit, JoinDotaRed, GD Studio in Youtube/Twitch.

I don't quite agree with number two, he's a completely new player so he should better watch hero playthroughs and understand the basic mechanisms of the game first.

Spoiler

I just downloaded the game to see why so many people like it ive never played mmos before any good advice?

Practice. it's the only way to improve and also get a lot friends Doto is about teamwork find people you like :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz | COOLING: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VII Formula ATX | MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8) DDR3-1866 | STORAGE: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX860i 80+ Platinum | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780Ti DirectCU II (2-Way SLI) | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (Black) | DISPLAY: ASUS PB278Q 27.0" (2560 x 1440) | KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | SOUND: Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers / Razer Kraken Chroma | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I don't quite agree with number two, he's a completely new player so he should better watch hero playthroughs and understand the basic mechanisms of the game first.

Or filter a hero that you want to learn/play in live game and watch it on personal perspective. Hopefully it's play by a good player.  D:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Or filter a hero that you want to learn/play in live game and watch it on personal perspective. Hopefully it's play by a good player.  D:

Yep that is one another way to go ! I suggested him to watch PurgeGamers on YouTube already.

Spoiler

ill just keep on practicing and watching tutorials im not planning on playing that much but it seems fun and pretty addictive 

ill just keep on practicing and watching tutorials im not planning on playing that much but it seems fun and pretty addictive 

Hop into AI game with another people, start with medium or high difficulty since easy is too easy. Activate public build for reference. 

The problem with this game is it has a very steep learning curve. Once you get rolling it will be smooth though.

60FPS Microwave